Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Light & Juddering? 02 Fiesta Ghia

Alicing

Hi everyone.

I have a 2002 Fiesta Ghia, had it about a year and a half, had no problems with it before (other than suspension snapping 6 months ago) but recently, seemingly with no cause at all, my engine light came on halfway through a 2 hour journey and car started to feel as though it was trying to stall whenever accelerating/changing up through the gears. It kind of judders a little, the kind of feeling you'd get from the car if you were in 5th doing 10mph..

Anyway, since the light was solid and not flashing, despite flashing twice when it came on, I carried on back and parked up for a week (uni). Got back in it Friday, light had gone. Drove home, all fine, no juddering no engine light. Wooo! Now a week later, after driving miles and miles absolutely fine, went out today and light almost instantly came back on. Juddering when accelerating from a low speed (coming out a sharp corner etc) and this time light started flashing, so I pulled over, restarted engine and it turned on solidly again.

Really not a car person, know nothing about this kind of thing, but read that if a light disappears it means there's been a certain amount of drive cycles without issues reoccurring, so I thought it was just a one-off until it came back.

I'm a poor student and just wanted a second opinion before I take it to the garage - is this a common problem with fiestas like mine and what could it be? Will it cost a bomb to fix? Is it safe for me to continue driving until I get chance to take it to the garage?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Alice

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club