• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mad mike

mad mike

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2 mondeo
Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

The fuel filler cap is not opening when I operate the lever on the floor. Possible broken cable. Has anyone ever changed one. It is a Mk2 1.8 verona

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mic

mic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

:blink: mike before you start replacing the cable ceck the spring on the end of the cable mine went when i had a mk2 i used to have to wedge the key in then pull the handle again till i sorted the spring #

The fuel filler cap is not opening when I operate the lever on the floor. Possible broken cable. Has anyone ever changed one. It is a Mk2 1.8 verona

Cheers

#3 the controller

the controller

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

:blink: mike before you start replacing the cable ceck the spring on the end of the cable mine went when i had a mk2 i used to have to wedge the key in then pull the handle again till i sorted the spring #

These are common for the filler flap to stick on the seal, get someone to gently pull on the flap as you operate the lever, this should open. Then lubricate with some WD40 around the mating seal and jobs done.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users