• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Thoric

Thoric

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 Ghia 'Y'
Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:23 PM

hope it goes well mate, its not a 'difficult' job its probably just more time consuming.

That's reassuring, thanks. I'd better put the whole day aside...

where in the UK are you?

About 400 miles from Scotland :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Thoric

Thoric

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

:D Wahhay! Fantastic! Woohoo! :D
(childish moment over)

As you may have guessed - I've fixed it! And it's all thanks to you lot! Thank you for the advice and encouragement!

In the end, I cleaned out my ICV. To get to it I followed the instructions of a Haynes manual, as kindly provided by a member of this forum, and removed my alternator. In the end though you can just about get to it (on the 2.0 litre model this is) from the right hand side of the inlet manifold and from underneath. Takes a bit of reaching but it goes! I re-used the old seals (because I don't have access to a new one in a hurry) and it's running smooth now!

As a matter of interest, I borrowed something from work called Flux Off that's an evaporative grease remover. It took a hell of a lot of gunk out of it. Then I used long nosed pliers to move the seal up and down a few times to be sure it was free. Then another clean, then blasted it with compressed air (from another can) to dry it out. Put it all back together and, voila - one working engine!

...and yet I still don't know what the damn thing does! :o

Cheers again to everyone! Especially stef123!
FordOwnersClub rules! :lol:

#18 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,194 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

:D Wahhay! Fantastic! Woohoo! :D
(childish moment over)

As you may have guessed - I've fixed it! And it's all thanks to you lot! Thank you for the advice and encouragement!

In the end, I cleaned out my ICV. To get to it I followed the instructions of a Haynes manual, as kindly provided by a member of this forum, and removed my alternator. In the end though you can just about get to it (on the 2.0 litre model this is) from the right hand side of the inlet manifold and from underneath. Takes a bit of reaching but it goes! I re-used the old seals (because I don't have access to a new one in a hurry) and it's running smooth now!

As a matter of interest, I borrowed something from work called Flux Off that's an evaporative grease remover. It took a hell of a lot of gunk out of it. Then I used long nosed pliers to move the seal up and down a few times to be sure it was free. Then another clean, then blasted it with compressed air (from another can) to dry it out. Put it all back together and, voila - one working engine!

...and yet I still don't know what the damn thing does! :o

Cheers again to everyone! Especially stef123!
FordOwnersClub rules! :lol:

RESULT!! nice one mate. glad your all sorted again :) its a great feeling when something goes well - especially first time. take the rest of the night off with some beers :P

oh, the ICV basically controls the amount of air that goes into the intake as when the butterfly is closed on the throttle body little or no air would get passed. the air bypasses the butteryfly valve and goes via the ICV which can open or close accordingly. now if that makes any sense you will have the basic idea of how it works :)

#19 Thoric

Thoric

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

RESULT!! nice one mate. glad your all sorted again :)

Thanks! :lol:

But now I've got another problem :(
Link to new thread - you have any ideas on this one mate?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users