Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Mark

danielackland

Hi all.

I came across this mark on my car after shampooing and waxing it. It seems to be under the paint as the paint or gloss/shine isn't damaged.

could someone advise/help me to what it is?

post-69924-0-08969800-1447163058_thumb.j

A picture would be useful

This Mark,

If you look close enough it in the in middle of the bonnet. its the dark ish grey mark. Sorry for quality of picture its hard to get a decent photo of it

I can't see a photo / picture - is it me or is the site not showing a picture ?

Ah . . I see it now in your first post - hard to see - has the area affected been resprayed ?

i dont think so, i had a chip near the ford badge but i dont think this particluar area was affected...

I see a large area of a darker greyish / silver colour & a smaller lighter area & a darker still small blob - I'm no paint expert but it looks like a bad respray or touch up to me ?

• Like 1

hmm.. ok. The odd thing about it is that this has been fine the last couple of months?

Try a tiny bit of T Cut applied by hand very gently & see if it stays or disappears & that will help ascertain if it's under the lacquer or not

Ok thank you. I will try and get better clear photo tonight becuase my shaddow is also reflecting on the car. Also i use the TCut last tonight but i think it wont make a difference as it seems to be under the paint

Is it metallic paint with a lacquer top ?

If it's not a paint or lacquer defect maybe it's tree sap or bird dropping residue - both of which are acidic & can discolour paint / lacquer

if im honest im not 100% sure. But im certain that the amendments/touch up wasnt on that area.

Its quite frustrating becuase my car is pretty much 100% clean.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club