Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning

williamweb

Hello all!Ford at the moment has an offer of £49 for an air conditioning service.I've a couple of questions:Do you think this is a good deal?Is it a better to wait and get the system serviced just before summer when it's warmer,what do you think?Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It does seem a good price @ £49

Air conditioning is not just for the warmer months. It is very useful in keeping condensation and damp out of the vehicle during the damp days of winter - more so if you have a damp panting dog in the back :lol:

Whilst I've not had mine long, I've noted it takes about 1 minute to clear all the condensation that quickly covers the windows on a rainy day, following a rain sodden walk with the dog.

When did you last have yours serviced?

On other cars, I have it checked and serviced annually.

As long as this service covers a leak test it appears good value - as it is pointless having a/c re-gassed if a leak is present & of course any leak needs fixing for the a/c to work properly

Does that include a proper clean of the system and a regas/ leak check? if so then its good value, else its not

What do you think,looks fairly basic to me.Thanks.

post-10449-144717484471_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys being stupid,why am I thinking air conditioning,no idea.But is that good value,a coolant change at £49.

So normal price £80 is taking the ..............I think I'll give my local garage a call.

Even £49 is extracting the watery stuff i.m.o.

I'll do it for £40 :ph34r: (bit far to go though) :driving: you could do it yourself but make sure you get all the air out

Maybe I should do it.The car is going in for its m.o.t and Ford posted this so called special offer so I thought ,just as well let them do it.

O.A.T. coolant may be a little more expensive than £15, but other than that, as above

• Like 1

Yea,I ve been convinced,I can do this at the weekend.Cheers guys.

That cant be a ford offer? Maybe the garage are offering it, as officialy ford coolant change interval is 10 yrs, not 5yrs. Garage trying to generate unnecessary work. First time for me to say it but !Removed! fraud stealers, lol

• Like 2

Definitely Ford group,they could have you for slander ha ha.

They are not affectionally known as Fraud Stealers without good reason :)

No mention that I can see on ford motorcraft website recomending change at 5 years but, its £39 inc vat on there site, so someone is adding another£10 somehow

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/MotorcraftFourPlus/Repairs/Antifreeze

Maybe im reading it wrong ?

Interesting ,just went to the given link,put in the search,nearest Ford garage to me and up came the Ford group that sent me the offer at £49.

• Like 1

Just another good reason to do it myself and I might just print off the Ford Motorcraft website page and take it in when it's my m.o.t.

• Like 1

£45 buddy,is that good , I think it is.A mate of mine is paying £60 at an independent

Ha ha seen it.Just in time to cancel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club