Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mondeo - Centre Armrest Powerpoint

Jack Dog 75

I've just taken ownership of a new Mondeo Titanium X with the upgraded Sony stereo system. In the centre armrest there is a 'powerpoint' which I believe should have 2 x USB ports, 1 x Aux In, 1 x SD card slot (for the sat nav) and some video jack sockets. My car only has 1 x USB and the SD card slot. The garage I bought it from have been of no help and Ford are dragging their heels over giving me an official answer.

Is anyone here able to tell me what they have in their car?

Thanks

post-66271-0-35922000-1447183361_thumb.j

Are you sure the car had these ordered from factory? try putting your reg into etis.ford.com - see if it says with / less for the (I dont kno the official title) "armrest entertainment pack"

Check the glovebox for the aux in possibly could be there but otherwise if that's all you have then I'd guess that's factory standard for your particular car. The extra ports are optional extras and you'll only know if they should be there if you check ford Etis but even that's not 100% as apparently I have automatic headlights from factory but I definitely don't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on Ford Etis, although I'm still none the wiser - I can't see any reference to the powerpoint! The manual and the Mondeo brochure both make reference to the Sony system having all the inputs and I can't believe that any car these days wouldn't have an Aux In port!

Thanks for the heads up on Ford Etis, although I'm still none the wiser - I can't see any reference to the powerpoint! The manual and the Mondeo brochure both make reference to the Sony system having all the inputs and I can't believe that any car these days wouldn't have an Aux In port!

Have you looked in the glovebox? Will be a small black circle just to the left of the lock catch if you have one that's a 3.5mm jack socket. Otherwise you can buy a lead for around £5 max from eBay that will give you the aux in. Does the usb not work through the stereo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

i have not got the sony just the std dab in my titanium x but i do have two usb and a rca three pin (separate red white and yellow) input sockets and sd slot in my centre console.

also has a cigaret slot power point, under the square cover on the rhs of your photo.

hope that helps.

john

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my Titanium delivered and much the same, expected 2xUSB, SD and 3.5mm input, but just the SD and single USB, however, both iPod and iPhone into the USB allow charging and full menu intergration to select music etc.

Manual appears to be global version, given spellings, therefore not everything applies to UK.

I finally got an official answer from Ford, they changed the spec of the PowerPoint and downgraded it to only 1 xUSB port and the SD card slot around May 15 (I ordered my car in July therefore got the lower spec). The car no longer comes with an aux in port which is pretty poor, especially as I ordered the upgraded Sony stereo.

• Like 1

Could you not retrofit the double and aux unit?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for passing on the 'official' update Simon. Seems a strange change to the spec' as we all have so many devices to connect these days.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, not been on here for a while. I've got a 65 plate Mondeo with the X-pack and Sony DAB. Mine also has a single USB, one SD slot and a 12v socket.

• 2 months later...

I was expecting mine to have all the ports but only 1 usb and the SD slot. I was told that the SD slot has the Navigation maps on the SD card that is in it. Is that correct?