Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Issue After Battery Replaced

justin007

I would look for corrosion in the fuse box mine had this lots of faults including radio not switching on and windscreen wipers that wouldn't switch off

• 4 years later...

On 11/12/2015 at 9:10 AM, justin007 said:

Hi Everyone.

I have a very strange problem with my Ford Mondeo 2008 after the car battery was replaced.

When the new battery was fitted all was well and car started but i noticed the built in Sat Nav Touch radio and fan controls was dead.

I checked the fuse and looked ok and re-inserted. The radio come on and asked for the keycode which i entered and all worked.

The problem i have is if you leave the car locked for more than around 10mins when you unlock the car the radio is dead again. Check the fuse and its ok. Take it out and re-insert and the radio comes on and asks for key code.

I does this every day and i cannot think of what it can be. The fuse does not blow and everything else is working.

I spoke to local Ford garage and they dont know and want me to bring it in but dont really want to spend money on them checking it and saying 'Dont know' or 'Needs a new Radio' as i know it works.

Does anyone have any thoughts as its driving me mad

Thanks

Justin

Has anyone found a solution  to this problem? After recent  alternator change / flat battery, my 2008 titanium x does exactly  the same radio  and console dead with just trip computer and settings  displayed  on the dashboard. Disconnect  battery  and fuses, reconnect and everything  back working  fine, but stop and lock the car everything  goes dead again 

• 1 year later...

Hi mate did you ever find out what the problem was, as i am currently havingthe same issue with this atm after recently buying this car?

• 6 months later...

Solution  

hi everyone. I just wanted to help. I’ve found the issue with this. It’s your Earth. Where the black negative cable from battery goes to the bolt which earths the cable to the body of the car remove the bolt and sand down the connector and the washer and the screw with sandpaper and finally the body of the car it touches. Get all the brown off it and make it nice and silver    This will solve the issue. Give me a thumbs up if it works. All the best. Sarfraz. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club