Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Apple Racism Row...

jeebowhite

I do not condone racism, however I feel everyone is far too quick to jump to the assumption everything is racist. A group of teenagers where in the apple store in Melbourne and were asked to leave because staff felt they may steal something.

That's not the greatest mentality I must admit though it's just an act of over caution. At no point have I read the store made any racial comments or insinuated the reason they thought they may steal something was due to them being 'black', yet they seem to have made this assumption and made the employee out to be racist.

If it transpires the store made a direct racial comment I retract my statement, but I hate that people jump on the 'oh it must be racism' train. If I worked at Apple, and a group of teens walked in the store, black, white, purple, pink or whatever, I would immediately be cautious too, even if it was a group of middle aged men as opposed to teens.

Racism is wrong I agree, but assuming Racism also needs to stop. People lose jobs and it impacts their lives and families, because narrow minded assumptions are made.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

What colour skin did the employee have ?

white I do believe, though if I saw the video right, one of the security guards was also 'black'

There's your answer - the employee accused of racism was white. . . . had he / she been black skinned, the racism card could not have been played

• Like 2

Sadly true, I just feel its ridiculous its the first thing everyone jumps to if you are of an "opposing ethnicity" to someone else.

For that matter actually, it tends to be just black' vs 'white'. I cant say I recall any scenario whereby I saw an asian accusing a 'white' person of racism, or a 'black' person accuses an asian person, its always just 'black' and 'white'. Its a sorry state for a start...

I just do not understand any of it...

In the example you quote, it's clearly the black skinned people who displayed racism, because the employee had white skin

Sadly so, but the entire world is jumping on apple! its ludicrous!

Racism is petty, immature, unnecessary and quite frankly evil in my opinion...

• Like 2

I get this all the time.

"You only pulled me over because I'm black/asian/chinese/martian" etc...

"No, I pulled you over because you were speeding/drunk/have a body hanging out of your boot" etc...

Criminals believe that as soon as they pull that card out of the pack that We will touch our forelocks, apologise meekly and retreat bowing and scraping...Not a chance!

As an aside, I had a case a while back where I was dealing with a young lad I pulled over for being unfit to drive through drink/drugs and while going through the process of booking him I had to do a process called Self Defined Ethnicity (SDE) whereby the scumbag individual is asked to declare what ethnicity they wish to be recorded as (also known as 16+1 codes) and he declared he was B1 which is Carribean,.

The guy had ginger hair and was whiter than me post-28494-0-67862900-1447499741.gif

Idiots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Defined_Ethnicity

• Like 2

I get this all the time.

"You only pulled me over because I'm black/asian/chinese/martian" etc...

"No, I pulled you over because you were speeding/drunk/have a body hanging out of your boot" etc...

Criminals believe that as soon as they pull that card out of the pack that We will touch our forelocks, apologise meekly and retreat bowing and scraping...Not a chance!

As an aside, I had a case a while back where I was dealing with a young lad I pulled over for being unfit to drive through drink/drugs and while going through the process of booking him I had to do a process called Self Defined Ethnicity (SDE) whereby the scumbag individual is asked to declare what ethnicity they wish to be recorded as (also known as 16+1 codes) and he declared he was B1 which is Carribean,.

The guy had ginger hair and was whiter than me attachicon.giffacepalm1.gif

Idiots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Defined_Ethnicity

You are so right,i have a cousin who worked in the police and he did a few football grounds and said its bad.

He was also in cars so did see a wide range of stuff and you have a dam hard job today in this world.

Were all the same inside but a lot do hold that card up a lot of times,sad world at times.

• Like 2

Is it not racist to be of one skin colour and to assume that someone of another did something because their skin colour is different to yours?!? :s

"excuse me young lads, we think you might be likely to pinch something"

"you're being racist, it's because I'm xyz colour isn't it!!!!"

"in actual fact it's because you're a young group of males, and I'm highly offended by your remark which suggests all zyx people have a problem with xyz people, I find that racist".....

The tables have turned!

Shame apple didn't reply with that...

"our store member is traumatised by their racist remarks by assuming he must be racist" :lol:

I think to those of sane mind it probably is.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club