Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Button I Never Use??????

sonic113

Guys

what is the purpose of the small button beside the A/C button. It has a icon of a car with a curved arrow.?

I think its a air re circulation button and it activates a separate blower fan to keep the inside air of the car going around the car but not sure. I have had the focus for 2 years now and I have never used this button so does it help demist the rear door windows or what situation would you use this feature?

Thanks

• Like 1

Air record button does just that recirculates the air in the cabin no external air its limited to 5 mins I think as it builds up co2 in the cabin and if used too long will mist up the windows not demist its purpose is to warm the cabin up quicker and if outside smells are bad it stops blowing stinking air into the cabin

http://worldclassautoservice.com/use-cars-recirculation-button/

• Like 1

yeah i mainly use it to stop bad smells from coming in especially when going through tunnels or some smoking out car in front

• Like 1

It doesn't work... Problem is it's just a large flap control by ridiculously tiny, slow motors...by the time it's closed all you've done is locked the smell in the car... :lol:

The ONLY thing I ever use it for is air con freshner bombs... So that's about once a year or so lol.

Helps cool the car down quicker in summer too as the system isn't pulling warm air in from outside.

If you have climate control and put it on auto, then it will automatically turn on air recirculation if it is hot outside with a low target temp until it reaches the desired temperature.

• Like 2

Air record button does just that recirculates the air in the cabin no external air its limited to 5 mins I think as it builds up co2 in the cabin and if used too long will mist up the windows not demist its purpose is to warm the cabin up quicker and if outside smells are bad it stops blowing stinking air into the cabin

http://worldclassautoservice.com/use-cars-recirculation-button/

Air Record ? lol :-) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

I use it when I'm stuck behind inconsiderate diesel owners, who's rusty old transits pump out so much smoke its Scary.

Saves breathing in all the rubbish

• Like 3

I use it when I'm stuck behind inconsiderate diesel owners, who's rusty old transits pump out so much smoke its Scary.

Saves breathing in all the rubbish

aye but if you think about it, they are doing the rest of us a favour, by dumping all that crap in front of you, the rest of us don't need to breath in small amounts over a much wider area. Really, if you think about it, they are actually saving the lives of thousands through your sacrifice! ;)
  • Like 3

I like the fact you think it's only rusty old transits blowing coal... :P It's mostly newish Mondeos with broken EGRs or VAGs with blown boost hoses or split intercoolers round here. :lol:

Worse than diesel smoke is veg smoke, eurgh, I make sure I stay in front when going out with my mate that runs veg. :lol:

2 stroke peds stink as well, though fortunately even the DV6 has the power to overtake them. :D

The main smell that I want to avoid is bin lorries, but time I've seen them and pressed the recirc button it's far too late! :(

• Like 3

I like the fact you think it's only rusty old transits blowing coal... [emoji14] It's mostly newish Mondeos with broken EGRs or VAGs with blown boost hoses or split intercoolers round here. [emoji38]

Worse than diesel smoke is veg smoke, eurgh, I make sure I stay in front when going out with my mate that runs veg. [emoji38]

2 stroke peds stink as well, though fortunately even the DV6 has the power to overtake them. :D

The main smell that I want to avoid is bin lorries, but time I've seen them and pressed the recirc button it's far too late! :(

It's when I can taste the death that I press the button ;)

I don't mind 2 strokes.. if it's running decent oil then I love it!

Bin lorries & tractors carrying manure.. ah god

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I quite like 2 stroke smells, and coming from the country I actually quite like farm smells as well, landfill sites and as tom said, VAGs with split intercooler hoses billowing out crap from their cars running 2 inchs of the floor bug the hell out of me.

• Like 3

I'd forgotten about tractors with it being winter...when they start spreading the fields there are whole villages where I have to hold my breath haha. :lol:

Been trying to look for the pic of my Golf with a split intercooler, can't find it though...was my first diesel and I didn't know it shouldn't be billowing smoke until I was on a cruise and a mate took a picture lol, was literally clouds. :D

haha,

speaking lowered cars check this out, I have my doubts it will make it over the stone in front of it

WP_20150930_18_18_30_Pro__highres.jpg

• Like 1

haha,

speaking lowered cars check this out, I have my doubts it will make it over the stone in front of it

WP_20150930_18_18_30_Pro__highres.jpg

Looks bagged to me.. or hydros

• Like 1

Pretty sure that's on airbags...if it's static, good effort! :lol:

I think your right with the bags or something the Camber on the rears which you cant really see on this is huge

I think your right with the airbags, the Camber on the rears which you cant really see on this is huge

Got to get them tucking just right.. not everybody's brave enough to go for stretch & fitment

Bagged...yeah bag of xxxx...Vauxhalls....burn em all 🙆 especially the 1.2litre f1 driver big bore all show no go corsa

• Like 3

Air is quite comfy depending on what pressures you have in the bags! Also, accuair E-Level monitors the height and pressures to achieve the best possible handling/ride height :)

The air rides worth more than the scrap its attached to lol true air ride is very comfy but its a corsa I detest them with a passion always have

• Like 2

The air rides worth more than the scrap its attached to lol true air ride is very comfy but its a corsa I detest them with a passion always have

They're appallalling to drive.. steering is horrid clutch is horrid, gearbox is shocking. Although the doors make a good n

• Like 2

Thanks fellas for all the replies on the button. I guess I will use it more in summer time but can always use it to keep out those diesel fumes and smells from the outside lol!

• Like 1

I tend to use it in conjunction with the aircon button... As said when you get going on a summers day, stick a/c on and recirculation button and the cool air remains inside. However during the winter it's good with the heater, but again I normally stick the a/c on to take the moisture out of the air...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club