Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Rattle When Engine Hot In Neutral But Not In Gear

macson

Apologies if this is covered in another topic.

Hi everyone,

My focus has developed a rattle. At cold not so much but when hot it's fairly loud. Sounds like a bag of bolts rumbling around. Bad in neutral or in gear with clutch pressed down but as you engage clutch noise goes away for the most part. Clutch works fine and the noise more or less went away for a few months but has returned worse than before. As you turn engine off the last sound as the engine stops sounds like a flywheel coming to a stop which I'm fairly sure is where the noise is coming from. Is this the clutch plate or DMF? I took it to a dealer when it was not as bad a few months ago when it was more sporadic and he couldn't get it to make a noise - sods law!!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Anyone???

It does sound like the DMF yeah. Whether its clutch or DMF you'll have to remove the gearbox anyway so makes sense to do both together.

• Like 2

Could be the flywheel bearings, must be bad if you can hear it when it's in gear

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club