Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cctv ''which One'' ??

jace1969

I'm looking for a cheap CCTV system for the house say £100 give or take a few ££.

I have the old micromark scart ones but as i put a thread on here about only 1 scart so use switcher.

Does anyone have one of the new set ups with the HDMI connection and small outside camera.

Seen them on eBay like a main box and takes 4 cameras with hard drive and just power for the unit

and HDMI to the tv,i could do with the following.

3 cameras and small (like the micromark one i have) motorized if possible.

remote control to change the camera( this is a big thing) say cam1 or cam 2.

This is a set up so a elderly person can use with the remote.

And color.

Check out Maplin, not £100 but still good value.

They do kits with DVR, cameras and all the wiring needed, with some kits you may need to add a hard drive I believe.

I use the Swan DVR8 kit and have remote viewing via smart phone and the kit also can be backed up to a USB stick for sharing of footage.

• Like 1

Cheers clive,i have a Maplin close so must pop in and see.

I say the 2 main things is a remote for my dad to change

camera to camera and a small ish camera,same size as the old Micromark ones.

They can see ours outside but aint that obvious,this is a link i found on eBay,are these anygood..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANNKE-8CH-HDMI-Video-DVR-Outdoor-IR-1200TVL-CCTV-Security-Cameras-System-1TB-Kit/141688798841?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3D58ed3d9a5af74bb7b930fdefab09634f%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D141825432637

Maplin do have units with remote controls but most (like mine) just have a usb mouse included.

My DVR stays locked away in a hidden location and all cabling is run through conduit that is integrated into skirting boards designed to lay cables tidily and discretely around the house so are invisible.

The addition of a small UPS unit allows recording even if mains power is lost and as my internet router is also powered via the UPS I don't lose remote viewing access either.

• Like 1

Check out an electrical wholesalers too.... If you tell them you want to do an entire cctv system for your house and idk want to run cat 5 cable all round for Internet and loads of other crap, so if they can give you a decent rate then you'll buy from them..

• Like 1

Going back a while i did try the wireless ones but they were bad.

These old Micromark ones which are scart are good to say how cheap they were.

Had them years and color but i only have the 1 scart and have a scart 4 way but never seen a remote

control switcher.

I will pop down Maplin as its only 10 mins away from me.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I am looking for a set of lowering springs for my st220 and wondered if anyone could help me witch is best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I upgraded my CCTV 2 years ago to HD 1080P cameras with IR night vision. Compared to the old system the difference was amazing.

• Like 1

I upgraded my CCTV 2 years ago to HD 1080P cameras with IR night vision. Compared to the old system the difference was amazing.

I did go down Maplin but a lot of money,the cheapest was around £230 for a 2 camera kit.

I have the 2 cheap ones up now and had them for years but the main problem is i need to come off scart.

Just had t.v but just 1 scart and got 2 cameras that run off scart,see its for an elderly person so getting up and switching

from camera to camera is not that good as i have set up now on a switch box,tried all sorts so looked at the other kits.

I did go down Maplin but a lot of money,the cheapest was around £230 for a 2 camera kit.

I have the 2 cheap ones up now and had them for years but the main problem is i need to come off scart.

Just had t.v but just 1 scart and got 2 cameras that run off scart,see its for an elderly person so getting up and switching

from camera to camera is not that good as i have set up now on a switch box,tried all sorts so looked at the other kits.

So your not recording from the cameras then, your just viewing only?.

Is your scart switcher controlled by a wireless remote control?.

So your not recording from the cameras then, your just viewing only?.

Is your scart switcher controlled by a wireless remote control?.

No im not recording its for just looking at so when people come to front door or back garden,it covers all front and back.

I wish i could find a remote controlled switcher and even Maplin said they don't do them,would solve a lot.

Mate that is just what i needed,just sent message as no remote with it but its spot on as its powered and remote to change

from camera to camera.

Cheers

Looks like it can be operated by 'any IR' so should be fine.

Glad to be of assistance ;)

Looks like it can be operated by 'any IR' so should be fine.

Glad to be of assistance ;)

Only taken me a good month to find one so you don't know how helpful this is.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone comes across one like this or does the same could you please message me.

Needs to be the same or do the same with remote like this one,missed this one.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club