Do Not Sell My Personal Information

M1Tch's Fiesta Mk6 1.4 Tdci Daily Project

m1tch

On 5/11/2018 at 7:50 AM, zain611 said:

Yeah lol I was still thinking about it as my dad bought a bottle for his car however I got my injectors reconditioned so a diesel purge may not be needed as they are already clean. The previous owner of my car said its had a terraclean however he lied about other stuff being done on the car so won't believe him. I checked my timing belt and it looks okay but I'm planning on changing the auxiliary belt as that looks a little fraid. 

Ahh fair enough and you may aswell get your timing belt and water pump done, my looked okay and my aux belt was fraid to hell, it's peace of mind really :P

• 4 weeks later...

On 4/18/2018 at 12:49 AM, InsideByte said:

Sorry i have not replied in a long time my bad 😕 and yes for the first 2 years you are classed as a new driver and the third year my premium will drop, anywway still done a few things since I last posted here, I only run the car on bp ulimate diesel now, it feels so much smoother then it did on shell, I took the intake manifold/rocker cover off my old car and cleaned it with mr muscle oven cleaner untill it was spotless inside and swapped it over onto my new car and I cannot tell you how much better it feels, no more flat spots and I can feel the torque now 😄 also moddifed the airbox to be less restrictive and I have changed one of the air intake pipes going to the airbox for a much bigger one and have got a green cotton panel filter again and it flows so much more air than a k&n one and I am currently running some millers ecomax through the system and it's made a decent difference to, also changed the leak off pipes and cleaned the top of the cylinder head and around the injectors and finally changed the coolent and the car feels amazing so much more usable power and torque. I am after an intercooler now because it really needs one, clearly ford where high and decided not to fit one to the 1.4's meh 😞

Hi InsideByte can you tell me how did you moddified the airbox?

Also what type of intake pipes did you use?

Did you take off the doser valve on the new car

On 6/7/2018 at 12:42 AM, Ace89 said:

Hi InsideByte can you tell me how did you moddified the airbox?

Also what type of intake pipes did you use?

Did you take off the doser valve on the new car

Hi ace, I will have a to get a picture but I cut alot of plastic away, I don't use it now as the problem is that the more air you get into the engine the harder the injectors have to work and the injector seals on the fiesta 1.4 tdci crack without the added pressure, I had to replace a seal today actually such a massive pain to do, the intake pipes where of a vw golf diesel and I had to a 90 degree pipegoing to a fiesta streight rubber pipe again I took it off for the same issue, and yes i have taken the dosser valve off, if you blank the egr and do not remove the doser valve it tries to suck air from the egr and it sort of strangles the engine, even without the blanking plate removing the dosser valve makes a big differnce, so the only engine mods on mine now are a green performance panel air filter (flows more air than k&n and better quality) and the egr blank and I run it only on premium diesel which does make a difference with the extra cetane it has, the best thing I have done for my car tho is remove the intlet manifold/rocker cover and clean it inside, I could not belive how much difference it made 🙂 hope this helps 

Thanks for the info, if can find the time to take some pictures I will really appreciate that.
I disconnected the electrical connector from the doser valve and I did noticed a difference, but i wonder if removing the valve itself would improve even further.

About the air filter, buying it would be arround 70€ (62£) including shipping, quite expensive for a filter, even though is reusable, but if it makes some difference in performance i'll consider it.
The rocker cover was cleaned 10k miles ago.
The EGR is working for now since mine has a EURO4 engine which means that if I close it, it will throw a error code on the dash.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, here is a picture of the airbox, sorry if it's a bit of a crappy pic, and yes remove the flap and it will flow air even better plus when it's removed you can plug the connector back in and it will not throw a code, yeah the filter is expensive but it does make a difference and is well worth it, might be time for you to clean the rocker cover agin as it does not take much time to get dirty again.

Also today I re-did all the injector seals and bolts as shortly after doing the one I did last week I could hear the injectors again anyway as you can see from the picture that was the worst leaking injector 😮 cleaned all up and has made a big difference to performance 🙂

35432209_758138404575521_4042506824828583936_n.jpg

35463997_758200291235999_8075275979544592384_n.jpg

@InsideByte how was the car when you'd start it and how was it running? On my 1.6 TDCI it would start up and run lumpy until driven for a little. It would puff a little white smoke as well. It would have these symptoms when started after sitting for over 2 hours. I got all 4 injectors reconditioned and changed all the seals and I rings. Thankfully it now starts and runs as it should. 

It was a bit lumpy for 30 seconds but that was it and the hellish chuffing noise that I still get nightmares about... 

@m1tch Could you possibly upload a picture of the bung that you used on the other side of the EGR pipe please, also can I ask what oil and filter you use, please 🙂 I saw the topic about the EcoBoost, will miss your great advice and progress on the little diesel, I have found it so helpful 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update - the car has just ticked over to 150,000 miles this morning on the way to work, only thing I think I need to look into is a slight knock at the front which I think is either drop links or tie rod ends on the steering rack.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:48 PM, m1tch said:

Quick update - the car has just ticked over to 150,000 miles this morning on the way to work, only thing I think I need to look into is a slight knock at the front which I think is either drop links or tie rod ends on the steering rack.

Niceone 🙂 my second one which was at 143,993 died this morning to the a Shell bearing in the bottom end going 😢

• 1 month later...

The car is now on 152k miles and just passed its MOT, only 2 advisories, one being a slightly corroded rear brake pipe, the other being a slight oil leak - which I believe is the remnant of when I had a failed injector leak off line which chucked diesel over the top of the engine.

I have just ordered a modified OBD adaptor so use Forscan so that I can check the injectors in terms of if any of them are getting near the knock limit or see if I can reset the trims etc.

I have a slight knock from the steering when the car is stopped - think it might be one of the steering UJs as all of the drop links and track rod ends are good (asked the mechanic to check during the MOT).

I might look to do a few handling mods next year, lowering springs and ARBs etc but will see, have also just changed out the cabin filter and its now much fresher in the car with better airflow!

I am also looking at fitting some Heko wind deflectors and need to respray the front grill as after 50k miles of driving its a bit stone chipped!

I recommend you change that rear brake fluid pipe. Mine actually split open whilst the MOT inspector was looking under the car. It failed MOT as the brake pedal would creep down fully after depressed which was caused by the split pipe taking in air. The MOT guy didn't say anything until I saw a wet patch of brake fluid on the floor on the rear driver side. Changed both sides to be safe. 

DSC_0044.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 10:39 PM, zain611 said:

I recommend you change that rear brake fluid pipe. Mine actually split open whilst the MOT inspector was looking under the car. It failed MOT as the brake pedal would creep down fully after depressed which was caused by the split pipe taking in air. The MOT guy didn't say anything until I saw a wet patch of brake fluid on the floor on the rear driver side. Changed both sides to be safe. 

DSC_0044.JPG

Thanks for that, I will get on it and check the condition of it, its the first time its been flagged up but with the car being on 152k miles there will be a few things I need to attend to.

• 4 months later...

hi.great work! any updates? any info about the intercooler?