Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Aim Malfunction

shrops

Can anyone help? I have a 2015 focus ST3 with factory fit xenon headlamps. Randomly the left headlamp looses its aim and turns beam down and left. Only when stopped does it realign. The dealer is struggling to find a solution. Has checked all units and reset control software. Any ideas ??

Sounds like the motor in the light is at fault ife expect them to replace the motor to find out

It's not the cornering light coming on is it?

Does it do it on normal driving or just on corners?

• Like 1

Deff not the cornering lights. This is the main dipped beam. Just randomly drops and lights the hedges then when I stop you can see it swing up and re-align.

My dealer is saying they are waiting for Ford to issue guidance and or authorise work. To further the problem the dealer is loosing the ford franchise at the end of the month

I have heard of this before, a few others with the same issue have been discussing it on another forum.

I think Ford are looking in to it, to try and work out if it is hardware or software, the workaround seems to be turning the lights on and off to reset them. (or perhaps between manual on and auto might work too).

Take it back to the dealers and tell them that Essex Auto Group in Dunton, Essex have recently changed someones head light to rectify this concern. If they contact the service manager at the dunton dealership they will be able to ask him a few questions about it..

My car did exactly the same and the mechanic who i dealt with informed me that the problem is due to a manufacturing defect, they changed my light and i have not had the problem since (touch wood).

• Like 1

WOW that's expensive, I had same thing on a alfa gt £600, lucky for warranty, they were quite new then, maybe they have changed them.

• Like 1

thanks all. dealer is now waiting for authorisation to replace

turning on and off doesn't reset i have to come to a stand still for it to reset

ill report back when / if it get sorted

Take it back to the dealers and tell them that Essex Auto Group in Dunton, Essex have recently changed someones head light to rectify this concern. If they contact the service manager at the dunton dealership they will be able to ask him a few questions about it..

My car did exactly the same and the mechanic who i dealt with informed me that the problem is due to a manufacturing defect, they changed my light and i have not had the problem since (touch wood).

was this on a fiesta or a focus

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club