Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7.5 Interior Lights Not Working? Help Wanted

Philf1

Hi guys hoping one of you may be able to help me. I've read a few threads on here about problems with interior lights stopping working for no apparent reason but none of them seem to have the solution on them.

So today all my interior lights have stopped working. They were fine this morning but tonight nothing. No boot light, no rear interior light, no front interior light no map lights. Strange. So obviously first thought is "ahh the fuse has gone." Get out the handbook, guess what, you got it no fuse is listed for interior lights? Only one that remotely could be is fuse 1 which includes a dome light? whatever that is but also controls the ignition and heated windscreen which both work fine so can't be that one.

Some threads mention that there is no fuse for this circuit which is a little odd.

Of course it's pitch black as well so I can't easily start checking every damn fuse in the fuse box to try identify the little blighter so I'm hoping someone knows?

If there genuinely isn't a fuse how the hell do you get them to work again or am I destined to pay several pounds to my dealer to get such a simple problem fixed.

Also I've realised my offside headlight has stopped working tonight as well. Can't be a coincidence can it? There's no fuse for them listed other than the full sides exterior lights and the DRL and rear light work fine. Could just be the bulb but I don't believe in coincidences so any help will be appreciated.

Frustrated fez owner!!!!!!

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes Phil and see if that does it. If not whip out the blown bulb and try it again. Good luck mate.

Not had chance been out late and never stopped raining will have a look at the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

So Ive had the battery disconnected and still no lights so a trip to the dealer in the morning is coming up

Full list of affected lights is;

Front courtesy light

Map lights

Rear courtesy light

Footwell lights

Sill lights

Boot light

The ambient lighting still works fine as do all the dash lights.

I will update tomorrow

So after some head scratching and use of his fuse tester the ford tech tracked it down to a blown fuse in the engine bay fuse box number 26 a 15amp fuse that is listed as controlling the offside exterior lights. This explains why the headlight was not working either. The strange thing is all my other exterior lights were ok.

Turns out the headlight bulb was dodgy and causing a short circuit so have had to put the oem ones back in.

All working fine again now

Interesting thread. I think you may have come across one of my topics regarding interior map light failure.

I recently took my map light out and went to it with the multimeter - it now doesn't work at all.

Off to the dealer for me too I reckon!

Problem is the handbook is American. The tech told me they connect other circuits up to random fuses so it really is a case of check them all until you find the right one unless they look your car up on the computer

• 10 months later...

My lights went off (interior and boot light) so checked all fuses that had a bulb sign but none had blown so decided to check all fuses and came out that the horn fuse had gone so when i put new fuse in lights and horn worked again