Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Momentary Loss Of Acceleration

Andy09

That's the best way to sum it up anyway, just wondering if anyone else with an MK7 has had a similar issue.

It's only happened twice since I got the car at the end of May but is slightly concerning after the second occurence (thought it might be a one off).

The best way to describe it, both times that it's happened I have been using cruise control: first time at 50, second time at 60. Turned it off (completely, not just standby) and started to control the acceleration with the peddle, both times to hold the speed around 40. Then maybe about 30 seconds after doing this (still with my foot on the peddle) the speed dips which feels quite noticable almost like I've tapped the brake with a bit of force. But, as quick as it happens it builds the speed back up and carries on as normal - lasts about a second (the feeling of breaking) then the power comes back (last time it happened I looked at the speedo and it was on 45 when it had regained).

I did mention it when it went in for its 1500 mile checkup and they couldn't see any issues when they plugged it in.

That's the best way to sum it up anyway, just wondering if anyone else with an MK7 has had a similar issue.

It's only happened twice since I got the car at the end of May but is slightly concerning after the second occurence (thought it might be a one off).

The best way to describe it, both times that it's happened I have been using cruise control: first time at 50, second time at 60. Turned it off (completely, not just standby) and started to control the acceleration with the peddle, both times to hold the speed around 40. Then maybe about 30 seconds after doing this (still with my foot on the peddle) the speed dips which feels quite noticable almost like I've tapped the brake with a bit of force. But, as quick as it happens it builds the speed back up and carries on as normal - lasts about a second (the feeling of breaking) then the power comes back (last time it happened I looked at the speedo and it was on 45 when it had regained).

I did mention it when it went in for its 1500 mile checkup and they couldn't see any issues when they plugged it in.

This sounds fairly similar to a problem which I've been having since mid July when my Fiesta was 3 months old - although mine definitely isn't linked to the cruise control because mine's always played up when I haven't been using cruise control.

Driving at a constant speed, the car seems to lose all power for a couple of seconds - hiccups & jerks - then suddenly all's well again. Intermittent fault, usually appears after an hour plus's driving, particularly violent jerking (feels as if I've braked quite hard) when in lower gears, can happen at 30mph in 2nd, 35mph in 4th, 70mph in 5th etc!

Been in for service twice for this issue with no success "can't trace as no warning light comes on" and in fact it's back in for service for the 3rd time at present, I took it in this morning & have left it with the garage until Friday in the hope that they can sort it out - getting quite worried as due to take the car on holiday shortly which will result in me covering about 1,000 miles in a week...

See my thread on here "New Fiesta 1.6 petrol spluttering / cutting out". Please can you let me know if you get to the bottom of this problem - & if mine's sorted I'll post you too.

Very disappointed because prior to this issue I was so pleased with my new Fiesta but at the moment I don't really trust it!

It's good to know there's someone out there with a similar issue, although mine doesn't sound quite as bad as yours. Both journeys that it happened on were 1 hour, I usually only travel 20-30 minutes. Having said that I've also done a handful of 1+ hour journeys and not had this issue.

Mine's a 1.4 by the way.

I'm not planning on taking it back in for a check up, unless it starts getting more frequent. But if there's an update I'll be sure to post.

It's good to know there's someone out there with a similar issue, although mine doesn't sound quite as bad as yours. Both journeys that it happened on were 1 hour, I usually only travel 20-30 minutes. Having said that I've also done a handful of 1+ hour journeys and not had this issue.

Mine's a 1.4 by the way.

I'm not planning on taking it back in for a check up, unless it starts getting more frequent. But if there's an update I'll be sure to post.

Thanks - just got mine back this afternoon and again they were, unfortunately, unable to fault - used 1/4 of a tank of fuel though so they've obviously given it some attention!

They did say that they'd had another Mk7 Fiesta in with a similar problem - and that Ford have issued an ECU update to cure it. Although, mine had this update the first time it went in... However although I still have the problem it hasn't hiccupped as violently as it did the first time. They said they'd let me know if / when Ford issue any more updates to the ECU software.

So it might be worth talking to your dealer to see if your car has the latest software? As the car's under warranty, any updates would of course be free of charge.