Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Gear Noise Like A Rusty Creak On A Gate

hopefirm

Thanks Ian. The car was standing still for 3 months. Could it just be rust and or what do you think is the fix, free advice accepted B)

clutch squeal can go on for years without causing clutch operation issues, so its either ignore it or new clutch,

bear in mind im saying this without actually seeeing/hearing your car.

if it was my car squealing then i would drop box out and replace clutch as it wouldnt cost me much to do as i would do it my self.

get some quotes from whocanfixmycar.com

Thanks Ian, a couple of Independents suggested the same, so appreciate your comments and the link. Waiting to see what the mechanic says who sold me the car as he says he would fit a new clutch at a discount if necessary. But as he only sold me the car a few days back he must think he is on a good thing, for surely an honest mechanic would do it for parts only or even freely for the sake of integrity. He says he wasn't aware of clutch squeal when he had it and who knows whether such is a legitimate issue for a valid repair- even going via Trading Standards/ Small Claims as he is trading cars on eBay.

Thanks again. Another topic on rear lights coming up B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club