Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo Changing Drivers Door & Central Locking

Mondymonkey

Hi guys,

I have a 2001 Mk3 mondeo estate 1.8 Petrol.

The drivers door got smashed and the barrel was destroyed and the car was stuck with all the doors locked. A locksmith charged me £120 to get the door open and make a new standard key, but still only the drivers door would open, the rest of the doors remain locked.

I found a cheap door on eBay, so I'm hoping after putting that on, the other doors will unlock when I unlock that.

The locksmith said that my remote key is ok and communicating with the car, as you can hear the clicking noise from the dash, when I push the buttons and if I hold down the unlock button, all the windows will open.

I'm told the central locking module is in the drivers door, so that is obviously damaged aswell. So after putting the new door on, will i need to have the key re-programmed, or should it just work?

Thanks

Have you tried turning the key twice to unlock.Dose it unlock under central locking if not seems like the lock is not connected. Ive changed a few out and replaced doors as mine got hit in the side and never replaced a control unit. Try getting in car with remote key,making sure all doors are shut press the lock button twice then unlock twice and it should reset regards pete

Thanks Pete,

I'll go & try with the remote key. I have tried already to press unlock twice, but nothing.

I can't do anything with the key because there is nothing left of the barrel, it has been drilled out.

I have already bought the new door, so if I can't get the other doors open for now, should they all unlock after I fit the new door and unlock that? Assuming the replacement door has no locking issues of course..

Cheers

Ok, I got in the car and locked the drivers door from the inside (at the risk of spending the night in my car!).

Pressed the lock button twice - The indicators flash, to show the alarm is activated.

Press unlock twice - nothing

Thankfully the drivers door still unlocked manually..

DID THE DRIVERS LOCK?? IT MIGHT BE THE DAMAGE IS STOPPING IT FROM LOCKING OR UNLOCKING THEN. also when you fit new door make sure you leave door card off and another window down just incase you cant open it

Ah good advice, cheers!

No, the drivers door didn't lock or unlock with the remote key, I can only do that by hand.

I'm just hoping that after I fit the new door, the other doors will lock & unlock when I lock & unlock that..

Thanks

ok sounds like no power to the lock it self. If the door panel is off just take a look and see if connnector is on.

Ah good advice, cheers!

No, the drivers door didn't lock or unlock with the remote key, I can only do that by hand.

I'm just hoping that after I fit the new door, the other doors will lock & unlock when I lock & unlock that..

Thanks

Yes they will do its just the drivers lock thats faulty. Like i said i have replaced both drivers side doors after a hit and run hit me.It was simply plug and play as the remote key or standard key is liked to the locking control unit behind driver footwell lower cover under dash

Ah that's great news!

Thanks Pete, appreciate your help mate! :)

• Like 1

No prob m8. If you was local to me i would of popped round to help more :P

• Like 1

Haha ok, well I'll post it then :p

I'm gonna go & pick up the new door tomorrow, so hopefully that solves it somehow. But just for today, I I took the door card off to see if I can at least do something to get the other doors open for now, cos I need to load equipment in the car tonight.

Now, when I manually lock & unlock the drivers door, I can hear the click in the dashboard, so would that suggest that whatever electrical unit is in the drivers door is working ok?

The barrel has been drilled to hell and the door has suffered abuse, but I just can't fathom why the other doors remain locked, unless its just coincidence that something else has gone wrong aswell?

It still can be a faulty drivers lock or connection thats causing it not to unlock the other doors manualy

• Like 1

Yep, the new door is on, literally a 5 min job!

All the central locking is working now.

Cheers Peter!! :)

• Like 1

Aww cool glad its all sorted now Lee Keep on motoring m8 :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club