Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions On Bonnet Lip

joshmega

69A55FCA-07C7-4429-979A-FD5009C6B94A_zps Thinking about getting the bonnet trim wrapped in matte black or gloss, what do you think would look better?
  • Like 1

Done mine gloss black

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Looks loads better, don't know why but cannot stand chrome trim anywhere on a car.

Cheers, I know what you mean, they don't look awful on lighter colours blue,silver but on black or grey there's nothing With chrome on, just the bonnet trim looks random to me.

• Like 1

That's much better Josh

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Cheers, I know what you mean, they don't look awful on lighter colours blue,silver but on black or grey there's nothing With chrome on, just the bonnet trim looks random to me.

looks much better,

I have silver focus and fitted colour coded lip on mine,

Same lip just sold in primer grey instead of chrome.

Yours looks excellent in gloss black 👍

• Like 1

How was it to rub down and paint?

Josh wrapped his in gloss black,

I purchased mine from Ford in primer grey ready for painting was 28GBP three years ago,

Image2293-1.jpg

I left it in body shop along with grills and plastic covers from engine bay to be colour coded as I can't spray atall I'm useless at it.

Fitted it myself,

Chrome lip isint real chrome neither;

It's plastic dipped,

Mine snapped in three when removing to fit the painted one.

• Like 1

Mine was wrapped in gloss black, I found a place up the road from where I live who does vinyl wrapping, he charged me £15, he did it without removing the bonnet lip, took him 10 minuites did a good job, only it was pretty cold so im yet to see it sticks well or not over time, he did say if it starts pealing just text him and he'll do it again. Looks neat

• Like 3

its only been on since friday and its already starting to peal a little bit on the top edge where there is hardly any aera for it to stick to.

Hmmm peeling already that's not very good

Think I'll go the rub down and spray route then.

its only because its freezing outside, not the best weather to do it at all. you cant tell unless you were to look right over it and even then you can hardly tell, really the trim needs to be took of and done then you can wrap it round the back and you would have no proplem. i would have had it painted but i didnt really want to spend £35 on the primed part and £40-50 having it sprayed, looks just as good in wrap, its just not great weather to do it :angry:

• Like 1

I went and had mine done professionally a week or so ago. Cost me £20 although I knew the bloke and dead happy with it. The wrap was applied in a dry warm environment. Mine is a carbon wrap.

Winter%20Detail%20Front_zpsfyevupx8.jpg

• Like 3

thats looks good, mine was done in a a warm garage but was only in there whilst it was being wrapped, so 10-15 mins

Took the guy around an hour to do mine.. Nice and tight and was an art watching him with the knife lol

• Like 1

did you have the lip removed and then wrapped or done whilst on the car?

did you have the lip removed and then wrapped or done whilst on the car?

Whilst on the car.

How come the before and after pictures have different lower front grilles ?. Quite like the one in the first picture before ...have you changed them

• Like 1

Yes they are different, I was thinking about putting the zetec s body kit on, which the grills in the first pic are for, but decided against it, so I just swapped them over, wasn't overly keen with the look on there own, would look good with the body kit though

• Like 1