17 replies to this topic

#1 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25
Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

I got the MK7 Zetec. Two things I noticed that I really would love is an arm rest for the front, and also a small place to keep coins. There is that little grooved hole area to put some coins but I'd rather they were hidden since it looks really cheap right now. Can you get an accessory (perhaps one that just fits into the cup holder thing, that actually stores coins in a small container?

Also, where can I get a decent arm rest from?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Look to the right underside of the steering wheel. there is a small box which you can open, about the size to put coins in.

#3 mick88

mick88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 3dr Mk7
  • Year: 2010

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Does the Mk7 have the small lidded tray below the steering wheel, right hand side the same as the Mk 6

#4 mick88

mick88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 3dr Mk7
  • Year: 2010

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Got there before me :)

#5 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

I thought it looked like a coin box but it was really hard to open so I didn't want to break it :( Stupid question but how is it meant to be opened? Does yours require a bit of force?

Also, one more question, you know when the ignition is off, then the lights go on the footwells. Does anyone know where I can buy bulbs (that omit different colours, such as red or blue) for that? I'd like to change the colour.

#6 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium (Vision Blue)
Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

The glove box has 4 little inserts perfectly sized for pound coins

#7 Andy09

Andy09

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

I thought it looked like a coin box but it was really hard to open so I didn't want to break it :( Stupid question but how is it meant to be opened? Does yours require a bit of force?

Hmm, I found it quite easy to open. I just pulled the handle and then opened it!

#8 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

I got the MK7 Zetec. Two things I noticed that I really would love is an arm rest for the front, and also a small place to keep coins. There is that little grooved hole area to put some coins but I'd rather they were hidden since it looks really cheap right now. Can you get an accessory (perhaps one that just fits into the cup holder thing, that actually stores coins in a small container?

Also, where can I get a decent arm rest from?

I bought an armrest from ebay and fitted it last week. It is really well finished and useful for storing things in instead of the unneccessary third cup holder! Heres some pics (coincidentally I had some coins in it when the pictures were taken!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 EzzyRallyBoy

EzzyRallyBoy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Ford Model: Owner of a 3dr Black 1.6Ti-vct Titanium
Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

The box to the right of the steering wheel under the light switches was a bit tight on our when we got it, but it has a little lip to put ya finger in and press and it should open

Note the salesman told me thats how you access the fuses when we took delivery.......................nowt like knowing ya product eh !!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 PointyB

PointyB

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

I bought an armrest from ebay and fitted it last week. It is really well finished and useful for storing things in instead of the unneccessary third cup holder! Heres some pics (coincidentally I had some coins in it when the pictures were taken!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right got the coin box on the right. I didn't notice the handle :D

Also, that arm rest looks great. Did you install it yourself? Is it easy? I am a total !Removed! when it comes to these things so if it's something I can do by myself, then your seller will be expecting another sale!

#11 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Right got the coin box on the right. I didn't notice the handle :D

Also, that arm rest looks great. Did you install it yourself? Is it easy? I am a total !Removed! when it comes to these things so if it's something I can do by myself, then your seller will be expecting another sale!

I installed it myself in about 15 mins. You drill three holes in the centre console and screw in three screws which were supplied with it.

#12 Sarc

Sarc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec (Mk7)

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Posted Image

The armrest looks great. Is the 14p all that you have left after buying it though? :)

#13 meddyliol

meddyliol

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4i

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Look to the right underside of the steering wheel. there is a small box which you can open, about the size to put coins in.

Thanks for that, I had no idea there was a small storage box there. Mine opens fairly easily as well, as long as you lift the catch in the handle recess first.

Cheers

Brian :rolleyes:

#14 la3195

la3195

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

Love this looks great, any chance of getting the link from where you bought it? :) Also your leather upholstery and the red stitching looks really nice, jealous i am.

#15 Toybox

Toybox

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 5dr 1.6 TDI

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:40 PM

I also like to know where did you bought this. Looks very nice.

-Toybox

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users