Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coins Box

PointyB

I got the MK7 Zetec. Two things I noticed that I really would love is an arm rest for the front, and also a small place to keep coins. There is that little grooved hole area to put some coins but I'd rather they were hidden since it looks really cheap right now. Can you get an accessory (perhaps one that just fits into the cup holder thing, that actually stores coins in a small container?

Also, where can I get a decent arm rest from?

Look to the right underside of the steering wheel. there is a small box which you can open, about the size to put coins in.

Does the Mk7 have the small lidded tray below the steering wheel, right hand side the same as the Mk 6

I thought it looked like a coin box but it was really hard to open so I didn't want to break it :( Stupid question but how is it meant to be opened? Does yours require a bit of force?

Also, one more question, you know when the ignition is off, then the lights go on the footwells. Does anyone know where I can buy bulbs (that omit different colours, such as red or blue) for that? I'd like to change the colour.

I thought it looked like a coin box but it was really hard to open so I didn't want to break it :( Stupid question but how is it meant to be opened? Does yours require a bit of force?

Hmm, I found it quite easy to open. I just pulled the handle and then opened it!

I got the MK7 Zetec. Two things I noticed that I really would love is an arm rest for the front, and also a small place to keep coins. There is that little grooved hole area to put some coins but I'd rather they were hidden since it looks really cheap right now. Can you get an accessory (perhaps one that just fits into the cup holder thing, that actually stores coins in a small container?

Also, where can I get a decent arm rest from?

I bought an armrest from eBay and fitted it last week. It is really well finished and useful for storing things in instead of the unneccessary third cup holder! Heres some pics (coincidentally I had some coins in it when the pictures were taken!)

gallery_6648_164_357887.jpg

gallery_6648_164_274158.jpg

The box to the right of the steering wheel under the light switches was a bit tight on our when we got it, but it has a little lip to put ya finger in and press and it should open

Note the salesman told me thats how you access the fuses when we took delivery.......................nowt like knowing ya product eh !!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought an armrest from ebay and fitted it last week. It is really well finished and useful for storing things in instead of the unneccessary third cup holder! Heres some pics (coincidentally I had some coins in it when the pictures were taken!)

gallery_6648_164_357887.jpg

Right got the coin box on the right. I didn't notice the handle :D

Also, that arm rest looks great. Did you install it yourself? Is it easy? I am a total !Removed! when it comes to these things so if it's something I can do by myself, then your seller will be expecting another sale!

Right got the coin box on the right. I didn't notice the handle :D

Also, that arm rest looks great. Did you install it yourself? Is it easy? I am a total !Removed! when it comes to these things so if it's something I can do by myself, then your seller will be expecting another sale!

I installed it myself in about 15 mins. You drill three holes in the centre console and screw in three screws which were supplied with it.

I bought an armrest from ebay and fitted it last week. It is really well finished and useful for storing things in instead of the unneccessary third cup holder! Heres some pics (coincidentally I had some coins in it when the pictures were taken!)

The armrest looks great. Is the 14p all that you have left after buying it though? :)

Look to the right underside of the steering wheel. there is a small box which you can open, about the size to put coins in.

Thanks for that, I had no idea there was a small storage box there. Mine opens fairly easily as well, as long as you lift the catch in the handle recess first.

Cheers

Brian :rolleyes:

>[img]

Love this looks great, any chance of getting the link from where you bought it? :) Also your leather upholstery and the red stitching looks really nice, jealous i am.

I also like to know where did you bought this. Looks very nice.

-Toybox

The armrest looks great. Is the 14p all that you have left after buying it though? :)

haha i suppose it was quite expensive but i needed the storage!

Love this looks great, any chance of getting the link from where you bought it? :) Also your leather upholstery and the red stitching looks really nice, jealous i am.

Link (5day delivery from italy)

thanks, the sports seats are one of the main reasons why i went for a zetec s over a titanium

Link (5day delivery from italy)

thanks, the sports seats are one of the main reasons why i went for a zetec s over a titanium

thanks for the link, does it get in the way of the other cup holders or the handbreak?

i have been looking at this one link as it moves completely up out of the way between the seats.

oh and i agree love my seats just seeing yours makes me want leather XD

thanks for the link, does it get in the way of the other cup holders or the handbreak?

i have been looking at this one link as it moves completely up out of the way between the seats.

oh and i agree love my seats just seeing yours makes me want leather XD

There was, this year, a special bulk-buy deal organised for this type of item, for Mk 6.5 owners, by www.zsoc.com, I think they had to meet a batch number of 16 customers, and delivery took 3 days after the deal went through.

The model they got was the "ARMSTER" one, from www.gbdriver.co.uk, which is almost as good as that Italian one, and that site also sells a cheap one for cars that they don't have a specific version for, to their top-spec. I got this info from an Ad. in 9-12 Sept Autoexpress, issue 1,080, page 74. They have an order "helpline" :-- 01202 555288. (other accessories also available).