Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's All A Bit Quiet In The South West

GMX

Doesn't appear to have a been a meet for at least a year.

I guess we're all spread out quite a bit, right across the region!

We could try one, somewhere central; like the middle of Devon

South West is a big area and not a great deal of motorways to make the travel quicker.

Indeed.

The area is quite spread out but a meet around Plymouth would be good for anyone from Devon/Cornwall.

Plymouth is pretty enough central to the region, given Cornwall is probably the longest/widest county in the region.

How far north do we extend? Wiltshire/Gloucester?

Somerset is probably a good stretch.

Maybe Bath or Bristol as a cut point.

Somerset is probably a good stretch.

Maybe Bath or Bristol as a cut point.

Ok, that still puts Plymouth as the centre of the region.

How far, in your opinion, would people drive to attend a meet?

2hrs would be about my limit too.

Wouldn't get me quite as far as Plymouth, only Exeter though. :P

I guess we would need to work out who might want to attend a meet and find somewhere central to that.

Taunton would bring it within 2hrs of Worcester and still only 2hrs from Newquay.

• Like 1

So, about 2 hours is the considered the furthest, anyone would travel for a meet.

2hrs would be about my limit too.

Wouldn't get me quite as far as Plymouth, only Exeter though. :P

I was using straight lines, as the crow flies to Plymouth in my estimation of centredness; rather than actual roads.

I guess we would need to work out who might want to attend a meet and find somewhere central to that.

Taunton would bring it within 2hrs of Worcester and still only 2hrs from Newquay.

That would be quite sensible, no point setting up a meet, somewhere central, only to find no-one is going to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

im right on the divide of south east and west but would come to a meet. im about an hour from Bristol.

• Like 2

For location what did people think of Taunton? Or somewhere round there?

I tried to find somewhere pretty central on the map that was no more than about 2 hrs from a few corners of the area.

Taunton is good, or somewhere near there.

Given that I'm on the edge of our region, I don't mind coming a little further than 2 hours. However, 2 hours is the consensus, so we'll stick with that

A weekend in the daytime would be better for me, can't entertain evenings for family reasons, in the winter. My elderly Mum who lives with me doesn't like being alone in the house, when it's dark.

Working back from that, a weekend day, sometime between 10am to 1:30pm, would be ideal for me :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taunton would work for me, got family that live there so the trip is one I know well. Been looking for a while to find a club that is willing to arrange a central southwest meet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Id turn up if bristol /weston way,

How about Taunton Ian?

Or too far a stretch for you?

Once we get enough people happy to meet at a location we can start talking date.

• Like 1

Taunton would work for me, got family that live there so the trip is one I know well. Been looking for a while to find a club that is willing to arrange a central southwest meet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

We got my mum's car from Taunton. Nice drive across Dorset to get there.

Not too bad if there is enough road to safely overtake. I find it easier to overtake a tractor than someone doing 50-55.

The little patches of dual carriageway are a God send when you get stuck behind slow people, lol.

I tend to not bother with someone doing 50-55, not worth it half the time. Yes, nice to stretch the right foot a bit haha

We'll have to figure out a venue too.

Don't want to be hanging around at Taunton Deane services drinking trucker coffee and checking out watches in case we get charged for overstaying in the car park do we :d

Yeah it depends if Taunton is good for everyone, it was only a suggestion based on some random travel times from parts of south West.

We'll need to find somewhere fairly quiet so we can have a corner to park out the way, without fear of being kicked out.

• Like 1