Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Marks

redcar1

Hi

For some time now I have been trying to clean marks off the windscreen with everything possible. the marks are only visible when damp, On close inspection and I pass my finger nail over the marks they are slightly raised, could this be the screen delaming? The marks run from top to bottom the longest 90mm and shortest 30mm there are about 10 of them. my car is a 63 titanium and any help would be great.

Thank you

If these marks are on the outside rub gently with fine wire wool :)

• Like 1

I've got one of these bad boys always used them never marked the paint or anything bad http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/body-work-interior-paint-glass-appearance/428095d1340300382-car-care-detailing-dreams-microfibercarwashmittd.jpg

I just use the other side which has a tougher surface which I use on my windows to get the tougher marks off, also I use newspaper and rainex on the window when finished streak free no marks and it turns out crystal clear :)

Hi

Do you think I have something thrown on the screen, will wire wool not scratch it then?

No, wire wool does not scratch pure glass - I've been using it for 36 years on cars & in the home

The glass must be pure glass & not coated with any kind of coating or film obviously

• Like 1

Might these marks by any chance be the heating elements buried in the glass?

Just a thought!

I've got one of these bad boys always used them never marked the paint or anything bad http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/body-work-interior-paint-glass-appearance/428095d1340300382-car-care-detailing-dreams-microfibercarwashmittd.jpg

I just use the other side which has a tougher surface which I use on my windows to get the tougher marks off, also I use newspaper and rainex on the window when finished streak free no marks and it turns out crystal clear :)

I'd call it a swirl Goddess, not a bad boy . Lambs wool is the way forward

For cleaning glass I prefer Kleen freaks Glass cleaner & sealant .

As for removing the marks.. a razor blade may help. Posting some pictures may also help

I tied it with fine wool in a corner and it has put small scratches on the windscreen, now need to get them out :angry:

sorry I tried t

Wire wool does NOT scratch pure glass - I've been using it in excess of 36 years without any issue anywhere in the home or any of the many cars I've owned

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Don't even think about it on a car windscreen it will scratch it. Wish I didn't listen to people who don't know

Don't even think about it on a car windscreen it will scratch it. Wish I didn't listen to people who don't know

If people didn't know they wouldn't embarrass themselves posting on the forum

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Lots of videos on YouTube with people using wire wool, just make sure you use the correct grade.

• Like 3

Talk to your local windscreen replacer. I'm sure they will come to some arrangement if you pay the excess.

• Like 1

It might be a good idea if you stopped posting untruths - i never advise doing anything that i have not & would not do my self

I've happily used fine wire wool to clean marks off glass on my brand new Focus ST & 6 month old Mondeo TXS ( Combined value in excess of £45k ) - do you honestly think i would do that if there was any risk of damage ?

• Like 3

To be honest its not what your using its what you do with it that causes the damage.

Even a sponge used carelessly can cause damage.

May have been useful to ask what grade of wire wool to use and how to apply it before attempting it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A sponge used on your paint will cause damage regardless..

Wire wool will either cause damage, or won't. It depends how you use it

Either way, were making the same point ;)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

A sponge used on your paint will cause damage regardless..

Wire wool will either cause damage, or won't. It depends how you use it

Either way, were making the same point ;)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Yes exactly same point.

If it was me and I had issues getting rid of the scratches. I would take it to a professional detailer to get it done properly.

Don't imaging it will be all that expensive for the windscreen and then get them to show you how to keep maintain it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or have we still not seen the marks?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club