Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo St220

karlicey

Hi ive had a slight thud when i change gear in my st220 only when changing up its very faint and its not gearbox related more like suspension or a mount today i jump in and my steering is slightly to the left it was fine when i parked it up the night before it stays like this unless i put my foot down a little n the wheel pops back centre then i come off the throttle and it goes slightly left again... Ive noticed over last couple weeks when on the motorway my car likes to sway a little right n left not very much but i know this isnt normal... Is this drop link related or something worse? Thanks

Notice this on my wishbone doesnt look right at all so i think this is the problem do i need just bolt it back in or do i need a new wishbone?

post-69229-0-16729700-1448236110_thumb.j

This is very serious and needs imediate attention. DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR TILL THE BOLT HAS BEEN RE-INSERTED AND A NUT ATTACHED TO THE OTHER END.

If you are not able to sort it yourself then get someone who knows a bit about cars to do it for you or have the car uplifted to a garage.

But you must not drive this car till it has been sorted. I would also have all areas of the suspension checked for security before driving it again.

• Like 1

All fixed it now jacked it up lifted the wishbone up n tighten bolt on so it came out otherside should this have a nut screwed into it?

post-69229-0-64863600-1448284207_thumb.j

Checked other side its same they is a nut on both sides car is driving perfect again no clunks or swaying

• Like 1

Well i notice it was swaying on motorway like 6weeks ago and went get tracking checked and it was perfect he said might be down to the 2 new tyres i had just had fitted few days before but now i know the real reason just last few days it felt dangerous glad i discovered problem myself and didnt cost a penny or a life for that matter

• Like 1

Glad you got it sorted. Might be worth putting a bit of thread lock on the bolts/nuts to prevent them from unscrewing again. Also if a mechanic was underneath the car to check the tracking and failed to notice the bolts coming loos he should get his eyes checked.

Hope it goes well from here.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply n advice he never got round to putting my car in the air he put the lazer things on and said all was fine so i cant blame the garage just made up no more annoying clunk when changing gear and of course car driving smooth again and safe

• 1 year later...

Hi 

I'm experiencing the same issue but wondered where id find the wishbones? I have a Fiesta MK7. 

I'm new to cars so not 100% sure. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

Craig

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club