Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Issue - Please Help

Spikecast

Hi all,

Wondering if someone could help me. Whilst topping up my screen-wash today I noticed my coolant on my 2012 Focus was extremely low - basically well below the minimum. I'm not great with cars but I've had a good look around and followed the hoses but can't see any obvious sign of a leak. I've topped it up this morning and I'm going to keep an eye on it. Any idea if this is a common issue or what could be causing it? I've never had to top coolant up before so I'm concerned there's something untoward going on. I've attached a picture of the level this morning when I checked. I've had the degas hose recall checked and apparently mine was the newer style.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Nick.

IMG_4943.jpg

Just to add - I do regularly check the levels and I'm 99% sure it was at least at min last time I checked 6-8 weeks ago.

Normally a car shouldn't be losing coolant.Coolant level should be between min and max when cold.Can be above max when engine is running at optimum temperature.So yes, keep an eye on the level.What did you top up with?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Thanks I certainly will do. I topped to up with summer coolant which I believe was what I had in before.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club