Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traffic Announcement Volume

Lyndaa54

I used the TA function for the first time yesterday and nearly veered off the road because the TA came across so loud. I tried to turn down the volume but all that happened was the volume of the radio turned down underneath and the TA didn't change. Can anybody please advise me if there is a way to turn down the TA volume? Thanks

I'm not sure - but that's exactly why I don't use it!!

I prefer to use the Waze satnav app for traffic updates

Thanks. I don't really use sat nav unless I'm going somewhere that I don't know. I just got stuck in a big jam without satnav yesterday and wanted to hear what the deal was with the motorway. I'm sure there must be a way of turning the volume down as nobody wants to hear it at nightclub levels....unless you're 18 maybe ;o)

I leave it running without a route and it highlights the slow moving roads

Thanks Sean but I don't have my phone to hand when driving.

I can't see anything on the menu. The manual says you should be able to adjust the volume with the volume up and down buttons. This doesn't work though

can you set the volume in the main menu

I agree. If it's like the Focus, you should be able to adjust the volume in the menu settings.

I went to Menu and Audio. There is a volume adjustment setting which was on +3 so

I took it down to zero but it made no difference. If anybody knows how to change it I'd be very grateful to know

It should alter the volume when ta is making anoucements, I tried it on my focus and it did drop volume without effecting the normal volume. Seems strange its not doing the same on yours?

The volume level you were adjusting is for volume difference when driving at higher speeds to compensate for engine/road noise, thats what im led to believe.

I agree, it lets me turn the volume up louder but I can't turn it down. I guess it's faulty

On some units you need to press and hold the ta button to access the ta volume adjustment

Thank you, I've tried that also but nothing happens.

Adjusting the volume control downwards whilst T.A. announcements are being broadcast should work

Note there is a preset minimum T.A. volume level - which is louder than normal when a T.A. broadcast is made

I understand that it should come on loud to attract your attention to it but you should be able to turn it down. All that happens when I turn the volume down is the radio in the background turns down so when the announcement ends, you can hardly hear the radio

Sounds like a trip to your friendly Fraud stealer may yield the answer as to whether the unit is faulty or not

Think I'll save my money and just not use the feature. Appreciate all of your help and comments!

Both my current Fiesta ST and previous Focus Titanium X have the same Sony head unit and as others have said, the TA volume (up and down) is adjustable during transmission.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club