Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Prevent Smearing/juddering On Your Wipers.

Cookey09

Its been an ongoing issue for myself since november2015!

Please let me know if a new wiper arm does solve this! Mine too is mainly my drivers side! I say mainly as im certain ive seen the passengers side do it occasionally. Although that may have been my eyes deceiving me! 

Its just an awful experience to drive when in rain! 

Please let me know how you go on! 

Thanks! Cookey.

If there isn't any play then perhaps the issue is with the spring which should keep the arm in contact with the screen. 

• Like 2

Ironically I've also been having issues with my wipers recently. My fiesta is 10 months old, Drivers side wiper judders and rubs at the bottom of the blade in the rain which is getting quite annoying,

Was debating making a topic until I saw this one. My blades also splash water onto the windscreen, does anyone else's do that?

• Like 1

It's a common problem with the looks, but we're waiting to see if a new wiper arm fixes the issue. 

Unsure what you mean by water splashing onto your screen though?

1 minute ago, Cookey09 said:

It's a common problem with the looks, but we're waiting to see if a new wiper arm fixes the issue. 

Might get mine into for then see what they say :-/

1 minute ago, Cookey09 said:

Unsure what you mean by water splashing onto your screen though?

Say i'm using the washer jets to clean the windscreen, when the wipers go back down on their way down the water that's on the blades flick onto the windscreen mainly on the passenger side. Dunno if that's any clearer haha

I'm considering taking mine in, I was just wondering if there is a quick fix for the arms or something... And I think that maybe normal, there will always be excess water or droplets hanging around somewhere? Aha, I think I get you though mate. 

• Like 1

ahh fair enough, with the water flicking i figured it may have just been because of how fast they go back down haha. if I take mine in i'll tell you what ford say.

• Like 1

My Focus splatters water everywhere from the blades, the washer 'after-wipe' makes more mess than it clears!!  I don't remember it being an issue on any other car, and the Mk6 Fiesta doesn't do it either.  I've got genuine blades as well, was the same with the old blades too.  Annoying but I don't see how I could change it lol.

• Like 2

Yes the water does flick from the the driver's blade onto the passenger side on the downward stroke and although the driver side wiper judders along its length you can clearly see it wobble at the bottom of the blade.  Seems to be a common fault on new the Fiesta but surely the original Mk 7 had the same set up yet the complaints on here are mainly from owners of the revised model.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Yes the water does flick from the the driver's blade onto the passenger side on the downward stroke and although the driver side wiper judders along its length you can clearly see it wobble at the bottom of the blade.  Seems to be a common fault on new the Fiesta but surely the original Mk 7 had the same set up yet the complaints on here are mainly from owners of the revised model.

The Mk7 I used to have did flick water on the way back down but nowhere near as much as the MK7.5 I have now. 7.5 doesnt have the "After-Wipe" either. I think the blades are slightly different as well. The wobble at the bottom definitely hasnt always been there for me. These days if the windscreen is dry and the wipers are, i'm lucky if the wipers actually move

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jazman23 said:

ahh fair enough, with the water flicking i figured it may have just been because of how fast they go back down haha. if I take mine in i'll tell you what ford say.

Aha could be! And yeah please do mate! Same for me! 

Cookey.

The drivers side wiper blade seems a half inch to long at the bottom on the blade, would be a lot better if they got rid of that at the manufactures I think as that appears to be where all the juddering takes place and thus reducing a smooth sweep.

• Like 1

If anyone can identify a suitable shorter blade it might be worth a try.

Juddering normaly occur when the wiping area of the blades is trying to push, like a shovel.

The blade must be perpendicular to the screen, not leaning forward. iIn days of yore the blades were not ridgedly fixed so there would adopt a leaning back, wiping position, todays b;ades seem to be fixd.

I find that getting an adjustable spanner  closed to just fit the arms and twisting to set the arm in the correct osition so that the blade sits perpendicular to the screen works, It may take  bit of trial and error to get it right.

Karl 46

You are right. I actually did study the Wiper Blades and their relationship with the windscreen and I could see that blade backing was not parallel to the windscreen, so I used an adjustable spanner as you described and a folded cloth so as not to mark the arm. The wiper arm is surprising strong but I must have managed to move it as there was an improvement but not cured.  The point is this problem has existed from new and I should not have to put up with it, and I shouldn't have to try and fix it myself.  I am having a new drivers side wiper arm fitted this week so hopefully that will cure it. If it doesn't then there must be a misalignment in the mechanism and probably isn't much that can be done about that. It seems strange that some of the people reporting a problem on this thread have relatively new Fiestas.

I took the car in yesterday expecting to get a new drivers wiper arm and wipers. Disappointment - they didn't fit a new arm they adjusted it. But they did fit new wipers and clean the screen and said to me see how it goes. I have already cleaned the screen numerous times with several different glass cleaners and it didn't make any difference.   I sprayed the screen with the garden hose and there may be a slight improvement but the blade is still wobbly at the bottom, I will have to wait until it rains to find out if it is actually any better.  

Does anyone know how much a new wiper arm is? I might as well do it myself.

Ahhh... Yeah keep us updated. I'm unsure how much wiper arms are, I'll have a look. 

Can't find any front wiper arms anywhere😔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club