Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St Review?

JayG90

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a focus ST however not sure which one to look into - I can't find a decent review online either. Would you suggest the ST2 or ST3.

I've been to the dealer and currently got £1,500 discount so far though this isnt on a 2015 model. What would you suggest in this area?

Anyone who has one of you could give me some tips that would be great

Thanks.

Buy the newest, lowest mileage, F.F.S.H. ST 3 you can afford, I prefer the petrol engine model, however the derv is vey good too.

There are several nearly new 15 plate examples online for around 25k or less

In either guise the Focus ST 3 is simply an awesome car :)

• Like 2

So you'd suggest forget looking at brand new? Another dealership has come back with £3,200 discount now I've only got that offline and haven't visited them.

I'll have to get it on finance of course. Should I be looking at the current model or maybe wait till next year? As the ford dealership I went too doesn't have the 2015 model and still has the led screen which I'm trying to dodge. At least the one I've seen anyway as shows in their brouchers and online they now have touch screens in the ST-2 and up?

The only real issues with brand new are : a ) there's a very long waiting list & : b ) depreciation

I don't think there'll be many differences between a 2015 MY & a 2016 MY, mine is 2015 & has all one could want really - apart from cooled seats.

Spec is of course very much a personal choice, but from what I've seen online the ST 3 depreciates slower than a ST 2

• Like 1

Love my st3 best car I've ever had, mine is the derv version tho!

• Like 1

Focus ST = Awesome, nuff said :P

But seriously, there are a fair few reviews about.

I wanted new as it is the type of car I wouldn't be happy having second hand. If you want to avoid the long lead times then you'll have to find one in stock somewhere and not be too fussy about spec.

For me I wanted ST3 for access to the premium sound system and bi-xenons. ST2 is a very good spec if you don't need or want anything on the ST3 though.

I'm not very good reviews, better at responding to questions, so whatever you want to know just ask. There are a few of us so called "Jammy beggars" on here that can let you know our thoughts.

• Like 2

Was speaking to a dealer yesterday who I will be keeping in mind. They have offered £3,500 discount with £1,750 deposit contribution - however reviewing over my finances, I'm going to have too much negative on my current car to manage a figure I'm happy with which is a shame.

I've decided I'm going to get the finance down a lot more on my current car, and then go for 2016 model. Either way I'll defo get a focus ST. I would prefer the RS but then we can all dream right? :p

• Like 1

I have a 2016 model :P

They started building them in September.

Just factor in a 3-4 month wait so you are not disappointed :)

• Like 1

So they are released? I've been told they aren't till next year? I've not seen one in person :/

Mine is a 2016 MY Focus.

If you are talking about a new shape Mk4 Focus, that will not be out until 2018/2019.

That has been out all year, same as the one in my profile pic.

2015 onwards.

How embarrassing. I thought it looked the same as the ones I've seen just different alloys. Ignore me lol.

Ide add an after market warranty into it as well seen too many st owners take a car out of it's warranty on finance and ended up with huge bills yeah the dealer will give a warranty but it wont cover most things such as clutch gearbox wheel bearings etc warranty direct would do a warranty that covers everything inc wear and tear and mot fails .i don't work for them I've had one that's saved me a fortune and know a few who got 2011 st on finance low miles fsh at a dealer and in the first year had big bills

Mine is also a 2016 model (2016MY)

Jamie

ST3 All the way

• Like 2

The mk3.5 focus st I belive hasn't be released yet. According to the guy I just bought my car off there looking at 4wd like the rs.... The 3.5 is due late 2016.

My MK 3.5 Focus ST 3 is alive & well :)

• Like 2

My MK 3.5 Focus ST 3 is alive & well :)

So is mine :D

The mk3.5 focus st I belive hasn't be released yet. According to the guy I just bought my car off there looking at 4wd like the rs.... The 3.5 is due late 2016.

Sounds like he has no clue what he is talking about.
  • Like 3

Yeah just done a google search, sounds like ford reps have no clue sometimes......

I've just ordered an ST-2 and they've said it'll be a marginally updated spec?
I know there's a Powershift model for the diesel available to order come 2016 - so I don't know if my petrol variant has any updates that coincide with it too, but I will find out!

Get mine in 2 weeks! Can't wait.

Traded in MY2015, good resale and it's a ST2,nav,cam,pglass

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club