Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Immobiliser Programming

Trcek

Hi, new to the forum.. Hi all!

Just wanted to know if it's a dealer only job to have the 3 button flip key remote programmed for the immobiliser? Been quoted £79 by the dealer to code my own key which sounds a bit steep?!?.

I've already programmed the key for the doors/ boot.

Fiesta 1.6 tdci 09 plate

Thanks

Matt

Doesn't it explain it in the handbook? On the mk6 you put in a key that's already programmed, switch the ignition to the first click and off 6 times till it beeps, then remove the key, insert New key & turn on the ignition

Possibly the same on yours?

Doesn't it explain it in the handbook? On the mk6 you put in a key that's already programmed, switch the ignition to the first click and off 6 times till it beeps, then remove the key, insert New key & turn on the ignition

Possibly the same on yours?

Think thats already been done , its the immobilsser that needs programming

Think thats already been done , its the immobilsser that needs programming

That's how you program the immobilizer on the mk6, I added another remote key a couple of weeks ago :)

It both opens the doors and starts the car

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies..

So far I've programmed the doors and boot with turning the key 4 times.

As for the immobiliser I've tried turn the key 4,5,6,7,8 times and it's had no affect on programming the immobiliser.

Unless someone says otherwise I'm guessing it's a dealer job

Possibly this I followed

Insert one working key into your ignition and cycle the key to the "On" position and back to the "Off" position.2

Remove the first key and insert a second key within five seconds to cycle it from "On" to "Off."`3

Insert your new key within 10 seconds of removing the second key and turn it to the "On" position.4

Leave the key in the "On" position for one second and return it to the "Off" position. The secrity light will light up to indicate successful programming.

I can't quite remember

Stoney had this response to to a mk7 (assuming yours is?? )

The constant flashing is the PATS rejecting the key as the transponder is not recognised.

Self programming may work but i often have cause to use Auto Locksmiths in the course of my duty to help stranded drivers who lose keys etc.

The manual key programming was a standard thing until late 2002 on all the Ford range but after that it was an option that Ford could activate / deactivate via the OBD.

Mostly rental / fleet cars had this deactivated so as to avoid people producing their own keys so as to allow theft or access to cars when no longer theirs.

The car i have now was an ex MOD fleet car and due to this the option was turned off, when i added a spare flip key it wouldn't programme via ignition so i called one of my Auto Locksmith contacts and he did it mates rates (£30) with no problem.

You may find that Ford routinely turn this option off now so that you would have to go to them to add / replace keys.

If you can't get your spare key to programme to the PATS just use a good local Auto Locksmith, they will come to you and programme the key via the OBD and will charge a lot less than Ford will.

• Like 1

You need 2 keys first of all to be able to programme a 3rd key, if all you have is 1 key then that option isnt available and will have to be programmed in with diagnositic eqpt.

• Like 1

You need 2 keys first of all to be able to programme a 3rd key, if all you have is 1 key then that option isnt available and will have to be programmed in with diagnositic eqpt.

That may have been how I achieved it then as i had 2 keys.. I now have 3 [emoji14] my bad

I've tried all the above and I have also got two keys..

Thanks for your help gents..

And im not sure the later fiesta you could do that either, on etis the 2/3 key routine is described on your age of fiesta , but not showing on later one, ive not tried that way on later fiesta as normaly owners loose 1 key and just a replacement spare and ids is used.

• Like 1

Well thats confirmed it then if you have 2 keys allready.

• Like 1

Ford must have changed their ways then

Further to my original info reproduced by Kieran earlier-

When ford used the original PATS interface the self-programming was possible up to a total of 8 keys but the original 2 keys were needed to enter the programming phase.

The PATS II system was introduced on roughly half of the PATS equipped vehicles for the 1998 models.

The other half of the PATS equipped vehicles for the 1998 models were equipped with the original (basic) PATS I system.

From late 1999 onwards, all Ford vehicles equipped with the Passive Anti-Theft System used the PATS II system which uses an encrypted transponder in the key.

The only way to program a PATSii system is by using a suitable coding module (usually IDS or Forscan).

Main dealers or Auto Locksmiths are the best option but may insist on supplying their own keys (at a hefty expense) but some Auto Locksmiths will accept self-sourced keys as long as they are happy to cut aftermarket key blades which sometimes can damage their expensive cutter heads at your cost to replace.

• Like 1

I will be getting a spare key sorted on my mk6 tomorrow (hopefully) - my car was only supplied with a single key, I have an aftermarket blank and I know a local key shop has a programming setup, I do know that my mk6 does beep if you turn the key 4 times, in my manual it does state that up to 8 keys can be programmed - will double check what it says for mine as I might be able to self program.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club