Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth compatible phones.

Manks

Hi All

Brand new Fiesta Zetec with bluetooth and my wife's Nokia 6620 won't work with it. It connects and then disconnects quite quickly.

The phone is running the latest level of software. Ford tells me the bluetooth software is not upgradeable.

My old Nokia 6630 works fine in the car.

Ford and the Nokia service centre are both now saying that there is a compatibility issue and the phone just won't work.

So, firstly is anyone able to shed any more light on this problem please?

or

Can anyone tell me what currently available Nokia (preferably) phone definitely works with the Fiesta bluetooth (if you know the software level even better). I'll see if I can persuade Orange to change our phone.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Manks

Hi All

Brand new Fiesta Zetec with Bluetooth and my wife's Nokia 6620 won't work with it. It connects and then disconnects quite quickly.

The phone is running the latest level of software. Ford tells me the bluetooth software is not upgradeable.

Ford and the Nokia service centre are both now saying that there is a compatibility issue and the phone just won't work.

or

Can anyone tell me what currently available Nokia (preferably) phone definitely works with the Fiesta Bluetooth (if you know the software level even better). I'll see if I can persuade Orange to change our phone.

Manks

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/ will tell you what will work and what won't, also the levels of functionality.

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/ will tell you what will work and what won't, also the levels of functionality.

Yep done that and the phone is supposed to work. But it doesn't. The level of software Ford tested was older than that on the phone and apparently the phone software cannot be downgraded.

There seem also to be reports of other phones that are SUPPOSED to work, but which don't.

Hence my question about phones that people here KNOW work.

Manks

Hi,

I have stested some devices models here is my list:

Nokia E51, E52, E71, E90 and HTC Touch HD.

These works fine when using HF. Bt autdio -> work in progress -> look at "Stereo Update" topic.

-Toybox

Hi All

Brand new Fiesta Zetec with Bluetooth and my wife's Nokia 6620 won't work with it. It connects and then disconnects quite quickly.

or

Can anyone tell me what currently available Nokia (preferably) phone definitely works with the Fiesta Bluetooth (if you know the software level even better). I'll see if I can persuade Orange to change our phone.

Manks

I bought a Nokia 6300 (from Carphone Warehouse) shortly after I took delivery of my Fiesta - the 6300 has always worked fine with the car's bluetooth.

Hi All

or

Manks

Use to have one of these phones many moon ago & it turned that the bluetooth was sh*gged on the phone only solution was to replace with new phone.

Use to have one of these phones many moon ago & it turned that the bluetooth was sh*gged on the phone only solution was to replace with new phone.

This is what I thought, but Orange has swapped the handset twice now and its still the same.

• 9 months later...

Hi Can anyone help.just got a Samsung wave mobile.got it connected to my car without any problem.But !! when you go onto the phonebook it is showing no namecard ? has anyone got any solutions why its not showing my phonebook names.thanks

I know you have said your phone has the latest software installed but i suggest you Double check. I'd even try reloading the latest software but remember to backup the contents of the mobile. I had problems with my nokia 6210 but it worked fine once i'd loaded latest software.

Usually the issue is down to the mobile and not the car.

Clicky

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but i've just had a look at that website where it says compatible phones etc. And it mentions standard ringtone...

When someone rings me, the music goes off and i don't get any sort of ringtone, it just appears on the screen that someone is calling...

Is this normal?

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but i've just had a look at that website where it says compatible phones etc. And it mentions standard ringtone...

When someone rings me, the music goes off and i don't get any sort of ringtone, it just appears on the screen that someone is calling...

Is this normal?

First step is checking you have the latest software version installed in your phone.

Is this normal?

Is your phone set to silent? I think this depends on what phone you have. I have Nokia 5880 and the stereo will play the ringtone the phone has set. If it is set to silent it will just stop the music and display the 'Incoming call' on the screen. I also have some MP3s set for some ringtones, when the phone is on general profile and someone with an MP3 set rings it will play that MP3 through the stereo.

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club