Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 'Figo' released...

Nightowl

in India anyway. It's basically the old shape Fiesta with the new shape front! I won't be putting my name down for one anytime soon. ;)

Ford has launched a new supermini for the Indian market, the Figo.

The Figo is essentially a previous generation Fiesta with the front-end of the current model. It will be built at Ford’s Chennai plant in India, which is to undergo a $500 million (£300m) refurbishment as Ford aims to further establish itself in the emerging market.

figok.jpg

Ford president and CEO Alan Mulally said: “Our exciting new Ford Figo shows how serious we are about India.

“It reflects our commitment to compete with great products in all segments of this car market. We are confident the Ford Figo will be a product that Indian consumers really want and value.”

The investment at the Chennai plant will double its output to 200,000 units per year. The supermini segment is the largest and most important in India.

Michael Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India, said: “We’re confident that the new Ford Figo will be extremely attractive to Indian car buyers.

“It’s going to be very competitive with the current market leaders and offer a tremendous value story for our consumers. We believe Ford Figo is a big game-changer for Ford that will help transform our brand into a volume player in India.”

Looks like a botch job Kia to me.

Thank god they didn't take a similar approach when designing the European Fiesta!

looks like ford left the designers in a big room with lots of shovels to just smash the hell out of the old fiesta :lol:

Am I the only one that actually quite likes it? This is what the face-lift Mk6 should have looked like :lol:

I remeber when i used to go to Max Power Live in Birmingham, Guys used to do a better job than that - mounting front ends of different car onto theres.

But i agree its alful.. sqeeze aswell..

Umm not too bad, looks like ford must have had plans to bring out an mk6 point something or other, until they revealed the Verve concept car and they decided to go completely with the concept car looks as it was stated that this was the most photographed car of the motor shows??

I thought that the new Fiesta was going to be a 'world' car so what are they doing producing something else for India - or is this just a quick 'facelift' until ford have capacity to build the all new car for everyone (or just use up the old stick with a new face?)

I quite like it,although it does look a bit "nose heavy"............wait till bernie and leepu get hold of it

(bangla bangers and chop shop) the rear light look like they came from a C max,but again overall not bad.i bet if they had brought it out as a "facelift MK6" instead of the minor changer they did use, it would have sold

I thought that the new Fiesta was going to be a 'world' car so what are they doing producing something else for India - or is this just a quick 'facelift' until ford have capacity to build the all new car for everyone (or just use up the old stick with a new face?)

It's probably because the Mk7 would be too expensive for most people in India. This is the country of the £1,500 Tata Nano, the cheapest new car ever.

It's a culture difference really. Many people in India and other countries will buy cars just as tools, rather than in Europe, USA and the like where we see them as desireable objects. The Mk7 is quite an expensive car, but we pay the extra for the looks, the gadgets, the good drive etc because we want those things. Others will look at the Mk7 and ask 'why would I buy that when this car will carry just as many people and is half the price?'.

It's probably because the Mk7 would be too expensive for most people in India. This is the country of the £1,500 Tata Nano, the cheapest new car ever.

It's a culture difference really. Many people in India and other countries will buy cars just as tools, rather than in Europe, USA and the like where we see them as desireable objects. The Mk7 is quite an expensive car, but we pay the extra for the looks, the gadgets, the good drive etc because we want those things. Others will look at the Mk7 and ask 'why would I buy that when this car will carry just as many people and is half the price?'.

Accept that you are saying but Ford did go on record as saying that the new Fiesta is going to be a world car and, therefore, surely needs to be available worldwide

Perhaps the Mk7 Fiesta IS available in India? Doubt it'd sell much but Ford may put it on sale to meet their 'world' car claims lol

Perhaps the Mk7 Fiesta IS available in India? Doubt it'd sell much but Ford may put it on sale to meet their 'world' car claims lol

To me its a mk6 fiesta with a diffrent face i like it tho :lol:

• 1 year later...

I find it cute. At least it's gender-neutral like the Mark 6 and 6.5 Fiesta, not a girls/!Removed! car like the Mark 7 Fiesta. Now don't get me wrong, but the current Mk 7 just screams 'GIRL'.

I find it cute. At least it's gender-neutral like the Mark 6 and 6.5 Fiesta, not a girls/!Removed! car like the Mark 7 Fiesta. Now don't get me wrong, but the current Mk 7 just screams 'GIRL'.

Ooh get you ducky, scratch your eyes out :wub:

Then again, you may be right... :lol:

pinkfiesta.jpg

Funniest thing I've ever read.

Oh, and it's not cute, it's hideous - like the old model rehash that it is.

:rolleyes:

Thank goodness they didnt make the Mk 6 like that! I like the Mk 6 and i like the Mk 7 but i dont like them as one lol :lol:

The Skoda Fabia saloon

fabia_saloon.jpg

The Opel Corsa

corsa-sedan-1800-3.jpg

The VW Polo

polosedan.jpg

The Ford Fiesta (based upon the mk6)

ford_fiesta.jpg

(and the mk5)

fi_2.jpg

the fact is these cars are EVERYWHERE... companies save the cost of new design process which can take years, and just re-shape an existing one, or as these pics show add doors... the reason behind the figo is apparently it meets the demand of the indian market what ever that may be

couldn't find many front on pics though :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club