Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering Judder On Cold Mornings

kevb123

my mk6 steering seems to judder 1st thing in the morning when i do a 3 point turn to start off,only started happening now the weather had gone cold.

is this normal?

• 1 year later...

My car is now doing the exact same whenever the car hasn't been used for a few hours and when it's very cold outside. I have a 65 reg fiesta zetec s 1.0 (140HP). I am trying to get Ford to investigate but they won't do anything until I have video evidence. Does your car still have this problem? 

Mk6 is hydraulic steering afaik, mk7 is electric, so different systems....

Basically when on right or left lock and reversing the steering wheel judders and there is a loud thumping/clicking noise coming from the front end. Any idea why this would be happening? 

Basically when on right or left lock and reversing the steering wheel judders and there is a loud thumping/clicking noise coming from the front end. Any idea why this would be happening? 

"Mk6 is hydraulic steering afaik, mk7 is electric, so different systems.... "  

I agree, but there is a slight variation the Mk6 1.6tdci has a hydraulic rack with the fluid being from an electric pump, as opposed to hydraulic rack with the fluid being driven by a mechanical pump on the fan belt on the others.

but, yes Mk7 is totally different because it is electric power steering assistance by a device just beneath steering wheel next to ignition lock and not by bits and pieces under the bonnet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club