20 replies to this topic

#16 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:08 AM

I normally get oil and fliter changes done twice a year one in summer one in winter need to start doing me own but i can't seem to locate oil fliter :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:57 AM

its worth paying local garage to do it cos not only will they get rid of the old oil, they also get the filter for u. if ure not happy with the oil they stock u can buy ure own and they will adjust the price for u. if u change ure oil every 6 months u may well never have to top it up. i only have to top mine up about half a litre over a year (10k) if that. sounds like a good idea

#18 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

Iam the same i bought a bottle of oil about 2 years ago and ive still got it has i hardly don't top up well come to think of it i check my oil every week or so and don't need to top up ive owned the car for nearly 2 years and only topped the oil up once sign of a good engine.

#19 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

had a mkii 1.8 verona before this car. put magnatex in every year and put 25k on a year never burnt any oil between oil changes!!! scrappedv it last year with lambda, cat emission problems with 160k on the clock after 4 years

#20 corbz9

corbz9

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Zetec S

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

If i'm not mistaken, the engine in a 1.3 Fiesta of that vintage is the ancient 'endura' engine, not the more modern 1.25. Personally I would go for the flush so long as it wasn't too much extra money. I tend to flush prior to an oil change, but I just go to Halfrauds and buy the cheapest oil in there, drain out the old oil and put the cheap stuff in and run it for a couple of days then drain (and change the oil filter) and put new (decent) stuff in.

Hi why put somemore oil in there is no need just put the engine flush in with the oil thats currently in then take it for a decent run to get the flusher in the engine pref on the moterway then it should be ready to drain and put the new new oil in there is no need to mess about getting a cheap oil before hand.

#21 GlennStowe

GlennStowe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Escape

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hi all next week iam getting a oil and fliter change on my fiesta 1.3i petrol 51 reg the guy at the garage has ask me do i want a engine flush while doing the oil and fliter so iam just wondering is this worth it and will it do the car any good. cheers alan.

Not only is it not necessary, it may damage your engine. Here are advisories sent out to mechanics by the major auto manufacturers listing a bunch of things they try to sell you at a lube shop as unnecessary and possibly dangerous, including engine flushing. Interesting read..

http://media.nbcbaya...d Documents.pdf

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users