Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ideas To Mod My Car

deanpritchard
聽Share

Hi not sure how to use a forum, first time here.

I have a 2010 Zetec S 1.6 (in profile picture) and was wondering what type of things I could do to make it look better, sportier and anything to do with the performance of the car.

I'm a total amateur when it comes to knowing about cars so please bare with me. 馃槉

If anyone has any products they suggest could you if possible link them in your comment so I could look at them to purchase.

Thanks everyone in advance.

post-52834-0-61183700-1448682637_thumb.j

Welcome to the world of modding, I would first sit down and think about exactly what you are wanting to achieve with your car, are you wanting an all out show car? An all out performance car? Or something really subtle? Its all down to personal choice, for me I usually go with some simple subtle mods and tweaks that will make the car slightly better or more fun to drive.

Before you start though, please also be aware that mods can be costly both to purchase but also for the insurance as you need to declare all of your mods. You should also ensure that your car is well serviced and in a good condition, a 'free' performance mod is usually to give the car a good service! As you are new to modding and so are perhaps looking for some basics to start out I would suggest some of the following:

LED sidelights, number plate lights - cheap to buy and easy to fit

Colour coding any plastics - your car looks fairly colour coded but adding in small details can make a difference

Upgrading the head unit and Speakers - not too expensive these days and will make the car a nicer place to be

Wind deflectors - simple to fit and do make the car look different, also have the benefit of cutting down wind noise

Repainting wheels - changing the wheel colour from silver to something like gunmetal gray

Some simple performance mods are usually:

Drop in high flow air filter (Green cotton is a good brand) - Gives better throttle response and a nice induction noise

Cat back exhaust system - should bolt straight onto the stock system, lets the engine breathe better and also sounds good

My advice would be to start small and work your way up to larger things, see if there are any forum members around that could help you out with bits.

• Like 2

Just have a look around the forum there are lots of ideas you can borrow from others depending on your taste and budget

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The real question is, how much are you willing to spend?

Looking at it though, the obvious choice would be some lowering springs, maybe even coilovers and some rims. I like Grid Rota, I wouldn't go too big with that style of rim, 16s I think would look best on a Fiesta. Big brake conversion with nice red calipers.

Probably wiser to start off smaller than that though

Tints, catback, filter. . . I'm just repeating M1tch now. lol

I got my zetec s back in June and I have recently fitted wind deflectors to my car which I think makes it look great however for the time being I'm limited to what I can do to my car as I have an agreement with the dealership that I cannot do any major changes to my vehicle as its on finance until I finish the payments have been made.

But as soon as I have completed them I will start looking at what I can do further to mine.

I got my zetec s back in June and I have recently fitted wind deflectors to my car which I think makes it look great however for the time being I'm limited to what I can do to my car as I have an agreement with the dealership that I cannot do any major changes to my vehicle as its on finance until I finish the payments have been made.

But as soon as I have completed them I will start looking at what I can do further to mine.

My car is on finance and I just phoned them up to get permission to change parts they said 'no problem'. Of course all finance companies are different but maybe give your finance provider a call and see what they say. Unless your finance is with the main dealer they can't stop you - its the main finance provider you need to speak too as they are the ones that own the car.

Oh right ill give them a call then because mine isnt with ford it is with another company. Thanks for telling me that id have waited until the end of the payments haha.

Oh right ill give them a call then because mine isnt with ford it is with another company. Thanks for telling me that id have waited until the end of the payments haha.

I've got another 3 years left on mine (5 year HP) and I've modded mine a little but like I say they've given me permission. You can only ask - just say you'll keep the original parts.

I'm with Hitachi Finance - if you're with them then they'll most likely say yeah. :) good luck.

I've got another 3 years left on mine (5 year HP) and I've modded mine a little but like I say they've given me permission. You can only ask - just say you'll keep the original parts.

I'm with Hitachi Finance - if you're with them then they'll most likely say yeah. :) good luck.

Im on a 5 year contract aswell but im with closebrothers thanks

Surely the car belongs to you the finance company only have a call on it if you fail to pay and then it can only be repossessed if you haven't paid the amount on your agreement. If it's pcp you can still do mods just don't give it back to ford make sure you sell it

Surely the car belongs to you the finance company only have a call on it if you fail to pay and then it can only be repossessed if you haven't paid the amount on your agreement. If it's pcp you can still do mods just don't give it back to ford make sure you sell it

You would have thought so but it says on the contract that i received that the car doesnt belong to me until all payments are made but i agree with what you are saying completely

Here's photos of my old one the same as yours for some ideas.. post-48575-144891713664_thumb.jpgpost-48575-144891718485_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi and welcome.

If you find you have any issues with insurance for a modified car then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club