23 replies to this topic

#16 tetra

tetra

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 3dr Cedar Green

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

Im paying 2000 with a 700 excess and thats with me having passed my IAM test! The diesel would have been less to insure but more expensive to buy!

how old are you then? or have you claimed or something?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 ChrisZetecS

ChrisZetecS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

I dont understand how some peoples insurance is so high?!?!
I've just turned 20, with one years no claims and my insurance on my Mk7 Zetec S is just over 700 a year, and when I first started to drive (learning/newly passed) my insurance on my Mini was only 1000!

#18 greenymk7

greenymk7

Area Rep: Midlands (Detailing Guru)

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S TDCI

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

im paying 440 for mine

i have got 3 years no claims though and 21

i paid a silly amount on my last car (modified 206) - 1670

#19 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

im paying 440 for mine

Mine would have been similar to this, but I had to claim last year as my old car got broken into- they left the sat nav, and took about 10 CDs instead, so probably worth about 20 quid, but the managed to rack up over a Grand's worth of damage!

#20 tetra

tetra

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 3dr Cedar Green

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

im paying 440 for mine

see i think its cos i have only held my licence three months, so have no no claims bonus & im 20.

14k car is a bit of a risk for them! and what ever i can take out at the same time!

#21 DNStuff

DNStuff

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Zetec 1.4

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

see i think its cos i have only held my licence three months, so have no no claims bonus & im 20.

14k car is a bit of a risk for them! and what ever i can take out at the same time!

I don't think the value of the car has as much of an influence on the insurance as people think (to a certain limit obviously). Mine actually went down when I bought a car double the value of the previous one. It mostly depends on insurance group and engine size. It's not so much what car you'll crash, but what you could crash into. If you insure yourself fully comp on a 50 beat up old mini, you could still rear end a lambo, destroy public property or crash into someones house for example!

#22 FezzaT

FezzaT

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:40 PM

I don't think the value of the car has as much of an influence on the insurance as people think (to a certain limit obviously). Mine actually went down when I bought a car double the value of the previous one. It mostly depends on insurance group and engine size. It's not so much what car you'll crash, but what you could crash into. If you insure yourself fully comp on a 50 beat up old mini, you could still rear end a lambo, destroy public property or crash into someones house for example!

Agreed - my old zetec s ('51 plate) worth about a grand tops, was more to insure than the 1.4 Titanium, my insurance company actually gave me a 115 refund when I switched cars :D :D

#23 Sully

Sully

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

jesus 2Grand is alot. Sorted my insurance out yesterday for my new Zetec S

Im 22 (2days ago) with 3 points and a wrote my car off in April, my fault and claimed so no years no claims. I was dreading the worse and yes i got ridicullous quotes lowest being 1400 from ford themselves. until Admiral shown up, 900!!

then i went on the phone asked if it was cheaper if my mother was a named driver. dropped it 200!!! shocked.

so 700 is cool.

but 2grand is too much!!!!

#24 coysht

coysht

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

jesus 2Grand is alot. Sorted my insurance out yesterday for my new Zetec S

Im 22 (2days ago) with 3 points and a wrote my car off in April, my fault and claimed so no years no claims. I was dreading the worse and yes i got ridicullous quotes lowest being 1400 from ford themselves. until Admiral shown up, 900!!

then i went on the phone asked if it was cheaper if my mother was a named driver. dropped it 200!!! shocked.

so 700 is cool.

but 2grand is too much!!!!

The way Elephant and Admiral (same parent company) calculate their premiums, adding any female driver as a named driver only tends to lower your premium - more so if they are a direct relative and have a decent driving record in their own right.

My first year in my 1.25 Fiesta ('98).....which is 5 years ago now.......was 900 after adding my mum, 1200+ before hand.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users