Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2006 - Central Locking No Longer Working

spadez

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some help. So my central locking has stopped working. I can put the key into the door and lock and unlock the car but I can't use the fob on the key.

Attempt 1

I tried was to put a new battery in the key. A new battery didn't solve the issue

Attempt 2

I then tried reprogramming the key using the method of putting the key in and turning it from position 0 to 2 four times and then pressing a key. This seemed to tell me that the key is working as it bleeped when I pressed the key fob. It still doesn't let me lock and unlock the car though.

Attempt 3

I looked for the mysterious fuse 63. On the back of my fuse board there are no fuses and it doesn't look like the fuse boards in the video so gave up.

Attempt 4

I looked in my manual and it said on the passenger fuse board look for the central locking relay, it should be use 120 (or something like that) - my fuses only go up to about 80 so gave up on that.

Attempt 5

I found a video online which does show my fuse board. I tried to check fuse 55 and 77. If you skip to 2:50 it lists these as relating to the central locking. Both fuses seemed fine.

With it being christmas time I don't have a lot of money. I'd really like to be able to fix this myself without going to a garage. Can anyone please recommend anything else I can try before I give up?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club