Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Engine/turbo Help

nicima

I took on a 05 plate Focus last week. 1.6 TDci LX - I am utterly in love with the car, even though I have always sworn I do not like them!

I brought the car with the knowledge that there was a pipe that needed fixing. I have gone through as many topics as I can and think I have worked it out to be a black Pipe that connects to the turbo, common fault as I have found out on here. The car doesn't pick up speed easily if at all through gears 4/5 and struggles a bit in third but is still nippy in 1/2 thank god. I am trying not to use the car much till I have this pipe fixed - however - I cant workout what it is I need to buy.

I have seen people say you can buy one for anything from £20 - £40 and when I called my Ford Garage they wanted £112 - Can anyone confirm to me what the part is I need and what the part number would be.

Its a short black plastic/silicone pipe that is slightly corrugated, i think thats the word.

Cheers

most of the turbo related issues are the oil feed / drain pipes, the one from the airbox to the turbo can be one of two different designs, take a picture of the one you have.

kinda curious to know what made you think it was that one though, I know over tightening of jubilee clips can wreck the rubber, but the only way that tube would have an effect is if its leaking and allowing air to be sucked in without passing by the MAF sensor in the air box.

• Like 1

It's the black corrugated pipe in the middle - so my mechanic thinks. There is a bit of oil around it - I went to my died garage now and they are saying that it's an air pipe - I know nothing about cars not going to lie.

On paperwork for the car it says turbo fuel pipe has split. But working out which one isn't going to well.

Thanks for the reply 😊

turbo fuel pipe? lol

take a picture of it, be easier to show and see which one you mean, if its the one I think it is than a split will allow unfiltered air to get sucked in to the turbo, itll give you some trouble because the MAF sensor in the airbox is suddenly not getting the air it needs, or at least it thinks it isnt, the ECU basically doesn't know what air is going in so has problems with the air fuel ratio meaning reduced power. Air leaking out the other side of the turbo going down to the intercooler or back up to the inlet manifold would create a very fuel rich ratio, creating quite a bit of smoke.

oil around the pipe from the airbox to the turbo is normal, you will see a small pipe join it to the breather, quite a bit of oil gets sucked, back in to the turbo, which is normal but is also not good. Lenny and I have installed oil catch cans to catch that oil before it makes its way back in to the inlet manifold,

• Like 1

Sorry I forgot to attach the image in my previous reply sorry. I have found another topic about the same thing I'm trying to find out now - so I guess it's a really good chance it is this pipe.

Is it best to go genuine ford for this part?

post-56815-0-41625300-1448905118_thumb.j

ok - just been told by my mechanic that the part that ford has said i need is the incorrect one - argh annoying - does anyone know what part is needed?