Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pop & Then Lost The Of Power And Smoke

benjamin80

Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with my Focus 1.6 TDCI LX DPF.

Driving a few days ago and I heard a loud 'pop' noise like a balloon popping, followed by lost of power and smoke. Any suggestions as what to look for?

Thanks,

Ben

it could have been a rubber hose under the bonnet, check all the turbo and intercooler hoses for signs of splitting or holes.

Thanks! I've made a visual effects inspection, and can't see a hose obviously split. Is there a trick to finding them?

there is no easy way it just get your hands dirty time and feel all the pipes you can ,sometime the splits are not easy to find

Have you checked for error codes?

What mileage is the vehicle on?

I thought you'd say that - black smoke is indicative of an air / fuel imbalance - this could be caused by a leaking / split intercooler to EGRV hose & if that is the case, it would explain the pop & loss of power

Last time I had that was when my intercooler hose popped off the intercooler!

Start your engine and then feel around. Also if you smoke, or vape, this can be a good test. Get a mouth full of your preferred, and gently blow it into the engine bay, and see where it starts to get blown around, or perhaps even sucked in. that can be a good indicator.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club