Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seats Not Working

adambell

My car has been into the dealers 5 times over the last month as the voice control system stopped working.

I finally got the car back yesterday with working voice control but the heated and cooled Sears no longer work.

Now I know the obvious thing to do is take it back to the dealer, but given their incompetence at diagnosing faults I will probably be better off looking at it myself.

I can't see it being a fuse as there is no need to a technician to have been anywhere the switches to cause a short etc.

Is there a multiplying on the rear of the touchscreen nav unit that could disable the seats from working?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Do the heated / cooled seat switches illuminate to suggest they are receiving power ?

No mate they are as dead as a dodo

Possible fuse issue then - as the switches are not getting incoming power

I've just checked the fuses (fb3 & fb4) and they are both fine.

How did you check them ?

If the fuses are ok pop the switches out & see if they are connected

I pulled the fuses out of the connectors and looked at the bimetal element to see that it was all intact.

I will try to pop the switches out, do they literally just pop out?

Sometimes a visual inspection of the fuses is misleading - better to put a multimeter across them to be sure - as if the fuses are ok the switch should have power unless the switches aren't connected.

Are there any relays on this circuit ? I suspect there may be - so these are worth checking too

Yes, just gently lever them out with something that's not going to damage the surround or switch housing

Got the switches out, found its a two piece assembly so quickly whipped the central console off and noticed straight away that the multiply was not connected.

They had left the multi plug up towards the gear lever so it hadn't just dropped out when I pulled things apart.

Put everything back together and working fine.

Many thanks for your help.

• Like 1

The joys of remote diagnosis . .

Sorted !

The job's a good 'un :)

• Like 1

Hahaha, you sound like an IT "expert"

Not at all - I had a similar issue with my old 05 plate Mondeo ST TDCi - so we were halfway there :)

Glad it's fixed as heated seat season is here & the cooled option is good too - if we ever get a summer :(

Was just meaning the typic IT Expert advice that we tend to get whenever we call them, ie, have you checked it connected correctly, can you switch it off and back on again etc. Lol

Yeah the heated seat season is certainly upon us now, it was a chilly bum morning this morning.

The cooled seats are fantastic in the summer, it just keeps you feeling fresh when on a journey

The thing with remote issues on Forums, is that if the correct answers are asked, often the cause is identified & a solution is found.

Forums like this are full of rubbish stating stuff like . . oh my blah blah did this too - never did fix it . . . or I think it's your blah blah . . etc :(

The '' trick '' is to simply ask the right questions. :)

• Like 1

The thing with remote issues on Forums, is that if the correct answers are asked, often the cause is identified & a solution is found.

Forums like this are full of rubbish stating stuff like . . oh my blah blah did this too - never did fix it . . . or I think it's your blah blah . . etc :(

Well said. All forums the same.
  • Like 1

Totally agree with you mate.

Big thumbs up from me.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...
On 12/1/2015 at 11:33 AM, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

Not at all - I had a similar issue with my old 05 plate Mondeo ST TDCi - so we were halfway there :)

Glad it's fixed as heated seat season is here & the cooled option is good too - if we ever get a summer :(

My heated and cooled  seats won't work the switches are working lighting up red and blue any clues 2005 mondeo ghia can you help 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club