Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford Mustang 2016 Model.

Cookey09

Morning all,

In May last year I put a desposit down on the following Ford Mustang. For a variety of reasons I've decided that I no longer want the vehicle and called Ford last Monday to cancel my order and get my desposit back. Whilst Ford are happy to give me my desposit back they said that given the waiting list with these things and the fact that my vehicle has now actually been built I should post on here and see if anyone who is considering buying a new Mustang wants to jump the queue and take my car. My car is due for deliver around March.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for the post so would appreciate any advice if there is somewhere more appropriate to post.

Ford Mustang

Fastback

2.3 Ecoboost 6 Speed Manual

Shadow Black (premium)

Ebony Leather

Reverse Parking Senors

Cheers,

David

None of our business and WISH I could take it off your hands 😉 You don't have to explain...

But WHY!? What's the reasons? 😉

None of our business and WISH I could take it off your hands You don't have to explain...

But WHY!? What's the reasons?

Ha ha - Cookey09 are you trying to get me lynched in a Ford owners forum? :D

Basically, the short story is that when I ordered the Mustang last May I was driving a company car that was due to be handed back in Aug. Given that Ford had told me that I could expect the Mustang in December I decided to 'inherit' my wife's car (convertible Mini Cooper S) so she could get something more practical for the kids and dog.

Whilst the Mini proved a lot of fun on back roads around Harrogate it's not the best of cars for my daily 80 mile commute on the M1 to Wakefield so I rang Ford in September to confirm the delivery date for the Mustang. At that point I was told that delivery had slipped from January to March and so in a temper tantrum I stopped at my local BMW dealership on the way home from work and PX'd the Mini for a BMW 530d thinking it would be a great interim car until I got my hands on the Mustang.

Problem is that I fell in love with Beemer (cue boo's from every Ford owner). As boring as it looks it is just the best car I have ever driven with loads of toys, a fantastic engine and a superb transmission. So whilst I still love the look of the Mustang (one of the best looking cars on the market IMHO) I'm not particularly keen on the lack of toys onboard and given that the Beemer give better economy for very similar performance I decided to cancel the Mustang order.

Whilst the boys at Ford in Leeds said they would give me my deposit back they mentioned that there were people out there who are on a 12 month waiting list and would probably snap my arm off to jump the queue. I'm not looking to make money for it - just the same price if you were to order one from Ford today.

I know I sound like a right spoilt g!t but that's basically the reason!

• Like 1

Ha ha - Cookey09 are you trying to get me lynched in a Ford owners forum? :D

Basically, the short story is that when I ordered the Mustang last May I was driving a company car that was due to be handed back in Aug. Given that Ford had told me that I could expect the Mustang in December I decided to 'inherit' my wife's car (convertible Mini Cooper S) so she could get something more practical for the kids and dog.

Whilst the Mini proved a lot of fun on back roads around Harrogate it's not the best of cars for my daily 80 mile commute on the M1 to Wakefield so I rang Ford in September to confirm the delivery date for the Mustang. At that point I was told that delivery had slipped from January to March and so in a temper tantrum I stopped at my local BMW dealership on the way home from work and PX'd the Mini for a BMW 530d thinking it would be a great interim car until I got my hands on the Mustang.

Problem is that I fell in love with Beemer (cue boo's from every Ford owner). As boring as it looks it is just the best car I have ever driven with loads of toys, a fantastic engine and a superb transmission. So whilst I still love the look of the Mustang (one of the best looking cars on the market IMHO) I'm not particularly keen on the lack of toys onboard and given that the Beemer give better economy for very similar performance I decided to cancel the Mustang order.

Whilst the boys at Ford in Leeds said they would give me my deposit back they mentioned that there were people out there who are on a 12 month waiting list and would probably snap my arm off to jump the queue. I'm not looking to make money for it - just the same price if you were to order one from Ford today.

I know I sound like a right spoilt g!t but that's basically the reason!

Haha, we were all thinking it!😉 And we're not to judge mate, don't worry. and ah right I see, fair enough. It's what your heart desires, what feels right for you, the BMW, if it makes more sense, then sure.

What "toys" does the Beemer have, that the mustang doesn't?

I reckon you'll change your mind in time to come!

I reckon, despite the BM having grown on you with the fantastic engine, transmission etc...

Once owning a mustang and started to live with one, you'll grow to love it just as much you do the BM....

You don't sound spoilt mate, if you can afford to do whatever. Do it. 😏

• Like 2

If you had bought a vauxhall you would have been instantly banned and we would set Clive dogs on you lol.

At least your enjoying the car and please remember the magic stick on the side of the steering wheel is there for a reason, and the flashy orange lights aren't there solely to tell you your car is locked... Lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you had bought a vauxhall you would have been instantly banned and we would set Clive dogs on you lol.

At least your enjoying the car and please remember the magic stick on the side of the steering wheel is there for a reason, and the flashy orange lights aren't there solely to tell you your car is locked... Lol

It says in the manual that they are not needed. Apparently, if you drive a BMW everyone is supposed to get out of your way / telepathically understand which exit you are taking on the roundabout / anticipate your lane changes. Bloke at the show room said the stems are just for show ;-)

• Like 2

the mystery has been resolved... Lol

Morning all,

In May last year I put a desposit down on the following Ford Mustang. For a variety of reasons I've decided that I no longer want the vehicle and called Ford last Monday to cancel my order and get my desposit back. Whilst Ford are happy to give me my desposit back they said that given the waiting list with these things and the fact that my vehicle has now actually been built I should post on here and see if anyone who is considering buying a new Mustang wants to jump the queue and take my car. My car is due for deliver around March.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for the post so would appreciate any advice if there is somewhere more appropriate to post.

Ford Mustang

Fastback

2.3 Ecoboost 6 Speed Manual

Shadow Black (premium)

Ebony Leather

Reverse Parking Senors

Cheers,

David

Has it got NAV?

So, after putting my deposit down and been told there was one in stock... Only available in red though. I wanted deep impact blue... But decided to compromise. My mustang finally arrived. 👍🏻👍🏻😏😏

post-62772-0-75367700-1452853797_thumb.jpost-62772-0-89990400-1452853845_thumb.j

• Like 4

Haha they're decent to be honest mate. Bit cramped inside ;)

They do a police version, deep impact blue, red and white.

• Like 2

Oh how I wish I had £33,385, this is exactly as how I would get it. Maybe I should get into touch with that Nigerian prince that promised me a million pounds last week, he seemed very genuine. ;)

MUSTANG.png

• Like 2

Oh how I wish I had £33,385, this is exactly as how I would get it. Maybe I should get into touch with that Nigerian prince that promised me a million pounds last week, he seemed very genuine. ;)

MUSTANG.png

Why settle for pauper spec ?

Go for the 5.0 V8 - you know you want to . . . . :)

• Like 1

Why settle for pauper spec ?

Go for the 5.0 V8 - you know you want to . . . . :)

I'm longing for the V8, but I'm too tight to pay for the fuel lol. Don't want to get 12 MPG around town. :)

Either way, both are a pipe dream at the moment. Going to keep working hard, and hope for a promotion lol.

• Like 1

I'm longing for the V8, but I'm too tight to pay for the fuel lol. Don't want to get 12 MPG around town. :)

Either way, both are a pipe dream at the moment. Going to keep working hard, and hope for a promotion lol.

Fuel is cheaper than beer in the pub . . . . & I've seen bottled water selling for more than a £1 per litre . . . :)

• Like 1

Maybe Ford should offer more engine choice.... only 2 to choose from...but hey doesn't that make it easier to choose??...no contest really...5.0 V8 manual in either black or red but probably black:)..I'd sell my soul......Some Car!! can't stop thinking about how funking cool this motor is..

5.0 V8 Coupé.....

I know a lot of people will get the 2.3. but if your thinking about fuel economy this might not be the car you should have...Peugeot make a cracking diesel that does about 80mpg :)

• Like 1

Maybe Ford should offer more engine choice.... only 2 to choose from...but hey doesn't that make it easier to choose??...no contest really...5.0 V8 manual in either black or red but probably black:)..I'd sell my soul......Some Car!! can't stop thinking about how funking cool this motor is..

5.0 V8 Coupé.....

I know a lot of people will get the 2.3. but its just not going to be as good.....

Same engine as the RS but not tuned to give the same power

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• 6 months later...
On 15 December 2015 at 7:15 PM, Cookey09 said:

Or... add the T... RT66 MGT ;)

On 15 December 2015 at 7:31 PM, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

That's the kiddie :)

@MONDEO TXS 2.2 put an order in yet mark?😉

image.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:26 PM, Cookey09 said:

@MONDEO TXS 2.2 put an order in yet mark?😉

image.png

As it happens, i'm talking to Days now about delivery dates !

Will update when I get the info.

• Like 2

I've just, albeit very briefly, seen but mainly heard, as it roared down the hill behind me, my first Mustang down here. :smile: A red one, and judging by sound alone: the 5.0 V8.

They've been up and down the hill, four times in the last 5 minutes, I assume they've just taken delivery of it and are getting acquainted with it.

Unfortunately, they moved too quickly across the visible part of junction to get a photo, each time I got my phone up, they gone past:laugh:

I'll shall have to look out for it on Brandy's strolls around the neighbourhood

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club