Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Best Touchscreen Radio For My Mk2.5 Focus?

jinjoh_ninjoh

I had an Eonon unit. Couldn't fault it at all. I fitted mine to a MK2, had to buy the oval faceplate but it was iPod, DVD, sat Nav, usb and I hooked up a ps2 in the glovebox too. Great piece of kit.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

So I understand I need to use the pioneer cable that came with the stereo to connect to stereo, then to stalk adaptor then from there to factory loom, however I have 4 wires, do I need to use the 4 unattached wires (System remote control, mute, reverse gear signal input and mute). I assume 2 of them are only used if installing a rear parking camera.

Installing the d-din kit looks simple enough as the video explains it quite well and your guide is straight forward to understand...although I am now wondering if i need to get some longer screws lol

Im hoping to get my kit and stalk adaptor this monday or tuesday.

Ed

post-44038-0-01180600-1449956356_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

So I understand I need to use the pioneer cable that came with the stereo to connect to stereo, then to stalk adaptor then from there to factory loom, however I have 4 wires, do I need to use the 4 unattached wires (System remote control, mute, reverse gear signal input and mute). I assume 2 of them are only used if installing a rear parking camera.

Installing the d-din kit looks simple enough as the video explains it quite well and your guide is straight forward to understand...although I am now wondering if i need to get some longer screws lol

Im hoping to get my kit and stalk adaptor this monday or tuesday.

Ed

I think the "system remote control" cable is the one that goes to the handbrake sensor.

this changes the screen to app mode when driving

it also blocks front screen from DVD when driving.

The reverse feed is only for fitting reversing camera.

Mute feeds are for use when fitting additional hands-free devices

Picking up the double din kit and adaptor tomorrow can't wait!

Don't think I need to worry about those unconnected wires as I'm sure I saw a video most of them are used when using other things with the stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Picking up the double din kit and adaptor tomorrow can't wait!

Don't think I need to worry about those unconnected wires as I'm sure I saw a video most of them are used when using other things with the stereo.

I would connect the handbrake signal as it affects some options.

if not connected the headunit will think your driving and disable some menus from access

Stereo installed...took an hour or 3 lol had a few issues but all good now.

Absolutely love it lol

Will get some pictures up at some point tonight.

Although I am having an issue with the fascia fitting securely properly.

I got told to put the cage in first but found the cage would be loose so installed the fascia holder frame in first and slotted cage into and bent the pins like you would.

Might saw down the pop in pins a little as I think the lip of the cage is stopping them fully inserting

post-44038-0-57348200-1450114693_thumb.j

• Like 1

Stereo installed...took an hour or 3 lol had a few issues but all good now.

Absolutely love it lol

Will get some pictures up at some point tonight.

Although I am having an issue with the fascia fitting securely properly.

I got told to put the cage in first but found the cage would be loose so installed the fascia holder frame in first and slotted cage into and bent the pins like you would.

Might saw down the pop in pins a little as I think the lip of the cage is stopping them fully inserting

looks great,

Don t forget to run engine after 10 minutes to prevent draining your battery too much.

also if you would like a lens of the auto equaliser mic.

For self calibration let me know,

Screen flips down it plugs in front and optimises sound from your Speakers by calibrating sound to suit the interior shape of the vehicle.

IMG_20141122_083006_zpsamnblvpc.jpg

IMG_20141018_185519_zps09umnmvg.jpg

IMG_20141205_105124_zpsdfszs9lq.jpg

IMG_20141205_105714_zpsxgoj72e_edit_1417

Cheers.

Might have to look into that.

I havnt had a chance to run the engine for 10mins...mind you did take me like 10mins to get home from parents.

Had to go nick a aerial connection part from my brother lol

Overall it wasn't too painful to install. Just had to take stuff apart to thread the cables for the mic and USB cable...which included taking one part of the door arch panelleing off

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club