Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7.5 Black Edition Mild Mods

hencyber12

Hey guys bought a black edition about 3 weeks ago and have done a few of the classic things already

IMG_2241_zpsgci17uwb.jpg

Changed my footwell lights to really bright blue LED's^^

Next I fitted HID's, they're 4300k and super easy to fit, i mean i know less than nothing about modifying cars but i still managed to fit them. Important point to note is that i bought some metal clips because I watched a video on how to fit HID's but it looks like you dont need them on the mk7.5?

31f118ab-b13f-4e42-980b-a7a954372bf6_zps

They also made the Fog's look very yellow so they're getting changed ASAP xD

Next was a Zetec S grill badge. easy to fit you just screw it all together and place the mounting plate behind the grill then spin the badge round until the nut tightens. I think i like the look of it

IMG_2346_zps6jfgzo4t.jpg

Thanks for looking. Still need to do number plate bulbs, Fog's, New number plates and interior lights next

First up, yellow fogs.

They're yellow for a reason. Whiter the light, the more it will bounce back and becoming dazzling in fog. Even worse on a snowwy foggy day. You've gone for 4300k HIDs which are pretty much in the middle of yellow/white. Unfortunately, as your fog lights are Reflectors, HIDs would be an illegal modification.

Second.. your car has Red highlights.. yet you've gone for blue interior lighting? Unusual...

• Like 1

First up, yellow fogs.

They're yellow for a reason. Whiter the light, the more it will bounce back and becoming dazzling in fog. Even worse on a snowwy foggy day. You've gone for 4300k HIDs which are pretty much in the middle of yellow/white. Unfortunately, as your fog lights are Reflectors, HIDs would be an illegal modification.

Second.. your car has Red highlights.. yet you've gone for blue interior lighting? Unusual...

First up: A quote from an article on fog lamps "Good (and legal) fog lamps may produce white or Selective Yellow light—it is the beam pattern, not the light colour, that defines a fog lamp". It won't make it considerably harder to see so i'm not that bothered but thanks :D

Secondly: I don't like red lights, I think that the blue looks nicer and stand out much more :)

Right.. So what I'm saying is the BEAM PATTERN from HIDs in REFLECTOR lights would be ILLEGAL.

Something to consider. Whiter light will reflect off the fog and reduce your vision. unless you go for yellow foglights..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Right.. So what I'm saying is the BEAM PATTERN from HIDs in REFLECTOR lights would be ILLEGAL.

Something to consider. Whiter light will reflect off the fog and reduce your vision. unless you go for yellow foglights..

Sorry I think we've got wires crossed xD I was never going to install HID's into the fog lights.

• Like 1

Sorry I think we've got wires crossed xD I was never going to install HID's into the fog lights.

Fair enough then, I think we may have! Aha

LEDs are the same.. E marked bulbs are hard to come by & pretty diar

Fair enough then, I think we may have! Aha

LEDs are the same.. E marked bulbs are hard to come by & pretty diar

I was just thinking about getting slightly whiter halogen bulbs seeing as my HID's aren't blue or even that white. Do you know what bulb type the fog is?

I was just thinking about getting slightly whiter halogen bulbs seeing as my HID's aren't blue or even that white. Do you know what bulb type the fog is?

Effectiveness you're better with a more yellow bulb.. you should only use your fogs when you need to anyway so why would you want them to look good.. when you're not going to see them whilst driving in fog?

Still, give me 5 minutes and ill tell you what bulb you need

Hey, looks great. I've just bought one of these (also I'm new to the forum). The fogs are H11 I believe.
I fitted red footwell LEDs but yours look a hell of a lot brighter than mine so can i ask where you got them from?
Also I've put some Heko wind deflectors on mine and I think they look really good as far as a cheap mod goes.

• Like 1

Hey, looks great. I've just bought one of these (also I'm new to the forum). The fogs are H11 I believe.

I fitted red footwell LEDs but yours look a hell of a lot brighter than mine so can i ask where you got them from?

Also I've put some Heko wind deflectors on mine and I think they look really good as far as a cheap mod goes.

Here we go : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5x-Car-Interior-Light-Panel-48-SMD-LED-T10-501-BA9S-Dome-Festoon-Bulb-Adapter-/391042233745?var=&hash=item5b0beef591:m:mBwJOVC-t4nYAob1eWgUXVw

They're sooo bright like landing lights xD

How easy to fit were the wind deflectors?

Thanks very much, and yeah really bright!

And the wind deflectors are pretty simple, you just take off the adhesive strips, slip each end into your window channel and then push the rest in, working your way into the middle - only takes 10 mintues! However, you should slowly raise your window until it is fully up then leave it for 24 hours so the window can kind of mould to the deflector properly (otherwise it just keeps going down because it thinks your fingers are getting trapped).

• Like 1

post-55241-144931917235_thumb.jpg

These were he led fog bulbs I had in my old car which I now use in my ST will get a night picture for you aswell so you can see, my headlight bulbs at the time were Osram night breakers. Which are 4300kelvin road legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my number plate bulbs today to LED's, I'm not mega pleased with them because they seem to light up the floor more than the plate tbh

IMG_2545_zps4ryvww1a.jpg

And changed the terrible boot light to a Blue LED too, which looks 10x better!

IMG_2548_zpsxspibw0m.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2016 at 9:07 PM, Maxxxykins said:

What fogs did you get in the end?

I didn't bother, tbh I've never used them so I'm not sure I see the point

17 hours ago, Tom-B64 said:

Looking good! Where did you get your HID's from pal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261689022761?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These ones mate :D

Hi mate,

Just purchased a 64 plate black edition, love it :yahoo:

Love what you've done with the interior lights & grill.

How did you change the boot light and what bulb did you use?

Thanks