Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooling Fan Always Overruns

Bagpuss12

My wife has a 2003 Mk6 1.4 Ghia Fiesta which she bought off her parents who owned it since new! It is on its 2nd engine (long story) but despite this, there has always been an issue (with both engines) where the cooling fan will always continue to run even after the engine has been turned off?

Even in not so sunny December, after a 5 mile journey in no traffic the fan whirres away even after my wife has left it in her work car park!!!

I would say DPF but I dont recall if it was on these motors, in which case its a cooling system fault. Perhaps the thermostat is stuck open.

• Like 1

My wife has a 2003 Mk6 1.4 Ghia Fiesta which she bought off her parents who owned it since new! It is on its 2nd engine (long story) but despite this, there has always been an issue (with both engines) where the cooling fan will always continue to run even after the engine has been turned off?

Even in not so sunny December, after a 5 mile journey in no traffic the fan whirres away even after my wife has left it in her work car park!!!

My 1.4 petrol used to do this. It went away on its own after I took it out and thrashed its backside off on the way to Ford Fair! Well.. the B roads did the job before the motorway.

Does the car have AC?

It may be a good idea to establish if the O.P.'s car is petrol or diesel powered

Even if it is diesel, it will not have a DPF...

Is it definitely rad fan?

Not A/C fan? Assuming it has A/C.

Any error codes? Does it have a temp gauge?

• Like 2

Evening and thanks for the rapid responses!!

It's petrol, it does have a/c and it does have a temp gauge which always shows that everything is as it should be?

The weird bit is that this has happened with 2 different engines so more likely to be something that wouldn't have been changed when the engine was changed?

Evening and thanks for the rapid responses!!

It's petrol, it does have a/c and it does have a temp gauge which always shows that everything is as it should be?

The weird bit is that this has happened with 2 different engines so more likely to be something that wouldn't have been changed when the engine was changed?

Do you use the AC very often?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Not regularly but it is used and not just in the summer?

Not regularly but it is used and not just in the summer?

Try driving for a few days with it on.

Also, you should use it for a couple of journeys a week to keep it in good condition, stop the seals drying out etc

I use mine when the glass fogs up on a warm temperature.. air conditioning doesn't just put out cold air :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club