Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Damaged Alloy Help

jonny_sniper93

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forum so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place (I'll read the forum info and rules at some point).

A few months ago I bought a Fiesta ZS Black Edition, which I've been driving to work everyday (it's a long commute - around 3,500 miles a month). I drive down a pretty horrendous road for one section that is covered in pot holes, deep grids, uneven road surface etc, which has been fine for the most part. However, the other day I was crossing lanes and bumped down a broken grid in the middle of the road, which burst the inside of my front passenger/left tyre. The impact has also dented my alloy and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on whether I'll need a whole new alloy or just a new tyre? Thanks very much. (the pic is below, from the front the alloy is perfect, it's the back that is the issue).

post-70405-0-29530800-1449314487_thumb.j

You can get alloys repaired but depends how much your willing to pay? Failing that you could look on fordparts uk but expect to pay somewhere in the region of about £150 plus for a new one

• Like 2

You can get alloys repaired but depends how much your willing to pay? Failing that you could look on fordparts uk but expect to pay somewhere in the region of about £150 plus for a new one

Cheers for the reply, yeah I would rather pay for a repair than buy a whole new one, considering it hasn't affected the look from the front. Anyway, I've just called up and booked it in for Monday to an Evans Halshaw and they will decide what's best - £109 for the new tyre and labour so I hope they can salvage the alloy.

Cheers for the reply, yeah I would rather pay for a repair than buy a whole new one, considering it hasn't affected the look from the front. Anyway, I've just called up and booked it in for Monday to an Evans Halshaw and they will decide what's best - £109 for the new tyre and labour so I hope they can salvage the alloy.

You might be lucky like I was and found a local place that reshaped and repainted a damaged alloy from my mk6 fiesta for £50! Do a Google search in your local are for something like "alloy kerb damage repair in (your area)"

• Like 1

I had quotes for £75 to have a bent alloy straightened..

To have a buckle remove its around the same

• Like 2

Just an update, got my wheel done today - £109 for the tyre and labour, then an extra £35 to sort out the alloy and it looks good as new (got a free car health check too).

• 2 months later...
On 07/12/2015 at 8:59 PM, jonny_sniper93 said:

Just an update, got my wheel done today - £109 for the tyre and labour, then an extra £35 to sort out the alloy and it looks good as new (got a free car health check too).

I hope you kept the receipts, you should ask the local council or whoever is responsible for that road to pay for it.

• Like 1

I hope you kept the receipts, you should ask the local council or whoever is responsible for that road to pay for it.

Good luck with the council, hahaha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

Good luck with the council, hahaha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Tell me about it, on my Titanium I had a gouge on my front passenger side, and it broke my heart... my alloys started flaking and everything it was ridiculous.

If I find the picture i'll post it, but it was down a country road, dead straight, from a 30 zone to a 40 zone back to a 30. It was dark, raining and there where puddles everywhere and the whole road (literally all of it, both sides) was re-laid/tarmacked. Where they had done this, there was a drain near the kerb... and the rain and constant cars going past had just eaten away at it, and left a whopping hole down the whole side of the drain exposing the metal lid or whatever it is. My tyre literally went in the hole (it was that big) grinded against the drain and basically jumped when it came back out, I thought i'd driven up the kerb, luckily nobody was behind me. I had to wait a few days for the weather to clear and went back in the dead of the night when there was no cars, took pictures, contacted the council for all the records etc.

Told me if I wanted that information it may cost up to £440.00 :laugh: I said yeah great get on with it then, they're supposed to reply within a certain amount of days, they didn't so I contacted them again after their time was up and they said I need to report the pothole on their website "pothole tool" to further any investigation and to also start the repair?!?!? Which was a load of..., they didn't charge me for 3 pages of mostly irrelevant information either, scare tactics, whenever I rang them up they would ask me if i'm sure 4 times before doing something and always made it clear, just because i'm making a claim doesn't mean i'll get anything.

Another week later I then get the information, where it showed they failed to check the roads within a certain amount of days, it then also showed my complaint about the pothole and said someone had already repaired it, which didn't happen. They also failed to send me the "claim documentation" waited another 4 days for that, by that time I had already changed my tyre (had a bulge coming out of the sidewall), and repaired my alloy. Got all the stuff together and they deemed one of my documents not sufficient enough to make a claim against so I just forgot about it. The same pothole has opened up again, and another on the opposite side of the road. There is also another pothole on a 50MPH zone on the same road that has been repaired 3 times over the last few months, coming home from work on numerous occasions there are cars being towed or just sitting behind it with their hazards on, one night there was 3 cars involved!

Essex County Council for you.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the Oompa Loompas at West Lothian council to reply to a request for their insurance details regarding damaging yet another wheel on my mk6 Fiesta over a year ago!!! Don't hold your breath!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

I'm still waiting for the Oompa Loompas at West Lothian council to reply to a request for their insurance details regarding damaging yet another wheel on my mk6 Fiesta over a year ago!!! Don't hold your breath!!!!

This site helped a lot, and shows the laws/rules the councils are supposed to stick to regarding pothole claims, might be worth contacting them again and quoting some of this:

http://www.potholes.co.uk/claims/how_to_claim

5 hours ago, Maxxxykins said:

This site helped a lot, and shows the laws/rules the councils are supposed to stick to regarding pothole claims, might be worth contacting them again and quoting some of this:

http://www.potholes.co.uk/claims/how_to_claim

Unfortunately I sold the fiesta last February and bought a focus and I gave up on getting any reply from the useless plebs in our 'wonderful council'. If I have the misfortune to damage another alloy I'll be walking into their offices personally and demanding the insurance information!