Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Lights On Start Up?

Hi

I have a 2009 V2.5 1.6 (100) Zetec Focus, It doesn't have automatic lights.

It's on original battery and sometimes the starter seems a little slow when car has been standing for a few days, but it has never let me down.

Last week it stood for 9 days started, there did seem to be some clicking noises fro the dash area, but car started, did a 16 mile trip with no lights or wipers on, came home and adjusted my tailgate striker (need to do this ever now and then to stop it rattling!) So boot light was on for a while.

Car then stood for 5 days and when I came to start it this morning, it again started fine, again there were clicks and my neighbour had parked facing me, never happened before, but when I started my lights flashed his? They were turned off?

I checked everything else, clock is showing correct time ETC.

Obviously it won't do it again now as I am guessing there is enough charge?

Anyone seem this before? Is it a sign my battery is on the way out?

Cheers.

Sounds like the better has perhaps seen its last just one faulty cell I enough ti cause issues I had the same thing happen and it was the battery dying any garage will test it for free

if the battery is in poor condition the lights flash at startup to warn you it's not fully charged ..read somewhere in the handbook and its also happened to me when my original battery failed .i sometimes dont use the car for 4-5 weeks so now i have a heavy duty varta ..no problems

cheers guys, new battery fitted, starter motor is much quicker. I think I replaced it just before it let me down!

Have the flashing lights stopped also?

yeah, and the relayclicks and other strangeness!

It only did it when it had been standing a day or so.

He put the tester on and it said replace straight away, he said it's not meant to do that!, took the battery off the car and it said replace straight away again. it was ten volts and he said it should be 14?

When I took the car for a test drive (18 months ago) the showroom had left the battery connected and the doors open! It was completely discharged I'm lucky I got 18 months out of it.

Fitted a 550 watt Yuasa calcium/calcium with 4 year warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club