Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Parking Sensors

c1403

Hi There

Hoping for a little advise.

I have recently got a 2008 ford focus titanium. (purchased from a friend). He mentioned it has rear parking sensors but this may have been disabled in order for a tow bar to be fitted.

I am not desperate for the sensors but if the car has them then why not.

Any idea how I go about getting them re-connected?

Thanks in advance

C

you should be able to see the sensors, look for some small circles the size of a 1p or 2p coin, should be at least 4 of them

The unit in mine is in the boot behind the trim on the left toward the seat back it may just want re connecting?

• Like 1

it may also be a change on the GEM board, so you may need to use ELMConfig and a modified cable to re-enable the software element of it, and if they are factory fit, you should also have a switch on the dashboard, which should remain unlit, unless you press it to disable the sensor.

• 2 months later...

Thanks all. My husband took a look and it seems the sensors are still all wired in. I am not sure if there is a light on the dash? What does it look like (sorry if a silly question).

The car is a 2008 2.0 Titanium. Assuming they are factory fit....can't be sure. Am I looking at it to cost alot to have the software reset? I don't 'need' the sensors but nice to have them if they are there.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club