Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Efi?

Leechy

Hello people, I am new to this site. I have just brought a G reg xr3i with a Efi engine. when my mate saw it he started going on about how good this engine is and how easy it is to mod. is this true? what other engines are there?

The EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) now the most common fuel system, the injectors spray fuel into the air/intake ports for combustion inside the engine.

MFI Abbreviation for Multi-port Fuel Injection, a type of fuel injection system that has one injector for each engine cylinder. Each injector sprays its fuel directly into the intake port in the cylinder head. Multi-port fuel injection is considered to be the "hot" setup because it provides better cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution for more power.

Both engines are moddable.

Best thing to start with would be to help the engine breathe more easily.

1 - Uprated air filter, you'll be better of going for a K&N panel filter

2 - Exhaust, go for a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, slightly larger bore exhaust with a de-cat fitted such as a Mongoose system or such.

Then later on you could always start with headwork, such as port polishing, cams etc etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club