Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Light

mungodot

I have 2009 2.0 titanium tdci. I have a problem with the boot light not working every time the tailgate is raised. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it comes on about 30 seconds in. It does not go OFF 30 seconds in ...ever. I have tried bashing around the light to see if loose connection. I think it's something to do with whatever mechanism triggers light on. I fail to see where this is located. Any ideas welcome...thanks.

that would be the catch on the tailgate itself, that latches onto the catch at the bottom.

I would suggest testing it with a multimeter at the bulb output to see if you are getting a 12v through. if you are, then it could be a defective bulb, if you are not, then I would remove the bulb holder and check the wire again direct. Finally if that still isnt working, I would look to check the connectors to the boot latch are not suffering water ingress. You need to remove the tailgate panel - pop the boot up, unscrew from the handle recess the torx screws, and give a firm and thorough tug to pull the plastic off, then once that is out the way you can assess the situation more appropriately.

I will try digging out my Haynes later and see if I can point to the specific wires you need to test. It may be a replacement catch is needed, or it may be that it is fine, and the broken wire is elsewhere.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club