Do Not Sell My Personal Information

confused - please help

MichellefromEssex

Last night in sainsburys car park (yeah I know I spend too much time in sainsburys lol) I saw a cream coloured mk7 fiesta (same colour as Ms Mashed) but the number plate was EU08 *** now I could have sworn, in fact I know that the new fiesta didnt come out until Oct last year which should have made it EU58 *** reg, am I right? it definately was an 08, I walked around it twice, I drove past it twice, am I going mad or what?

Last night in sainsburys car park (yeah I know I spend too much time in sainsburys lol) I saw a cream coloured mk7 fiesta (same colour as Ms Mashed) but the number plate was EU08 *** now I could have sworn, in fact I know that the new fiesta didnt come out until Oct last year which should have made it EU58 *** reg, am I right? it definately was an 08, I walked around it twice, I drove past it twice, am I going mad or what?

could have been a private plate? your only allowed to make the car 'older' when changing plate so that could explain?

E is essex,where fords head office is,it could be a pre production or a press car.

If you PM me the full reg I can check a few more details.

dave

My titanium is on an 08 plate too! It was a pre-release demonstrator and was a registered in Peterborough (AFO8 ***) to 'Ford demonstration fleet' before I got it. I bought it from a garage who buys directly from Ford, he had a couple of 08 plate Fiesta's in there.

I was told at the garage that Ford let their managers use these cars for a couple of months and then change them (something to do with avaoiding being taxed on a company vehicles I think, but dont quote me)

I'm not bothered though, the reg means nothing when they change them every six months. You buy a brand spanker and six months later its old :(

I'm happy knowing I bought a spec'd up car with optional extras I've not had to pay for and a car with tiny mileage for a fraction of the cost of a brand spanker! ;) ;) ;)

So I didnt imagine it then lol, it definately was not a private plate - no one would have chosen the combination, I cannot remember exactly but it had a z in the end digits. EA58 was my original plate, so knew it was registered somewhere near to me.

So I didnt imagine it then lol, it definately was not a private plate - no one would have chosen the combination, I cannot remember exactly but it had a z in the end digits. EA58 was my original plate, so knew it was registered somewhere near to me.

Michelle, how's the upgrade doing on the car?

I'm still toying with having mine done, with maybe a few other extras..........

Just awaiting confirmation from you really that yours is OK. ;)

Michelle, how's the upgrade doing on the car?

I'm still toying with having mine done, with maybe a few other extras..........

Just awaiting confirmation from you really that yours is OK. ;)

no RS then?!

no RS then?!

Unfortunately not--I'm afraid it was too dear for me.

Gutted as I really really fell in love with it but that's life I'm afraid! :(

I'm also in love with the RS. <sigh>

Maybe in 12 months...if I order one now I may get it by then!

I'm also in love with the RS. <sigh>

Maybe in 12 months...if I order one now I may get it by then!

Dan, there's plenty available but availability wasn't my problem.........Mrs HP putting her foot down was my problem.

Dan, there's plenty available but availability wasn't my problem.........Mrs HP putting her foot down was my problem.

Careful...

:lol:

John, car is going in on Monday to have the latest ETIS file put onto it, hopefully this will be my final trip to Mountune, they are extremely confident that the power loss problem has been solved, time will tell. Also my new wheels arrived at Mountune today so they will be going back on my car at the same time, oh and I am meeting with Dav as he is driving down and having his upgrade done on Monday.

Careful...

:lol:

"Lack of unallocated cash" was actually what I wrote.........so I guess you must be showing off your new powers eh?

<hangs head in shame> yes I admit it - the one and only time that will happen.

<hangs head in shame> yes I admit it - the one and only time that will happen.

Never mind--you're probably right.......she would have nagged me senseless about it anyway and after all it was funny! :lol:

John, car is going in on Monday to have the latest ETIS file put onto it, hopefully this will be my final trip to Mountune, they are extremely confident that the power loss problem has been solved, time will tell. Also my new wheels arrived at Mountune today so they will be going back on my car at the same time, oh and I am meeting with Dav as he is driving down and having his upgrade done on Monday.

I feel left out Michelle, i emailed Dave yesterday, and he said the file has been put back another week lol howcomes you get it and i dont haha. Maybe im just not as important lol

I feel left out Michelle, i emailed Dave yesterday, and he said the file has been put back another week lol howcomes you get it and i dont haha. Maybe im just not as important lol

i have had an email of dave to they can not do my car and i have to arrange a new date, bit gutted but thats life.

i have had an email of dave to they can not do my car and i have to arrange a new date, bit gutted but thats life.

I had to re-arrange for mine going in too.. it was originally going in for the 21st, but when I spoke to Mountune headoffice they didn't have stock of any exhausts so it had to be rebooked 3 weeks later. But at least this will be the new ECU firmware.

Mm bit worried now, have not had email stating anything different, maybe I have to be a guineau pig again - better not be the case!!!!!! Ford released the file to them last Monday and I was supposed to go on Friday but I said could I do Monday as Dav was having his upgrade done at the same time - fan &#33;Removed&#33; tastic!!!!

Mm bit worried now, have not had email stating anything different, maybe I have to be a guineau pig again - better not be the case!!!!!! Ford released the file to them last Monday and I was supposed to go on Friday but I said could I do Monday as Dav was having his upgrade done at the same time - fan &#33;Removed&#33; tastic!!!!

this is the email i got Michelle...

Hi Scott,

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.

As I'm sure you're probably aware a small number of cars upgraded with the 140 kit have experienced some intermittent warm re-start stumbles. We were waiting for the updated calibration to be put through the release process over the last few weeks with Ford and this was due with us earlier this week.

Unfortunately, there's been a problem that our engineering team aren't happy with and we're therefore unable to update your car with the latest file, meaning we can't install the 140 upgrade at this time.

I know you'll be annoyed at the news, we are too as obviously we want to get as many happy customers out there as we can, but we can't change this fact and this part of the process is out of our hands.

I monitor the forums so know how excited you've been getting at coming to see us,

Can you please let me know dates that suit you a fortnight onward from now, and I'll get you booked in.

Apologies again, and best regards,

David Moore

Technical Co-ordinator

Mountune Performance

Well that does not read very good at all does it? sounds to me like there is still a major problem and its not been sorted out at all and they definately do not want to upgrade any more cars at present, I dont understand why no email has been sent to me, although im going back anyway to have my wheels that Ive paid a lot of money for put back on my car and going to demand some answers, 6 months on my car is still a death trap!

Thankyou for posting this, in case you were not aware PFDave is Daves username on ZSOC forum.

Well that does not read very good at all does it? sounds to me like there is still a major problem and its not been sorted out at all and they definately do not want to upgrade any more cars at present, I dont understand why no email has been sent to me, although im going back anyway to have my wheels that Ive paid a lot of money for put back on my car and going to demand some answers, 6 months on my car is still a death trap!

Thankyou for posting this, in case you were not aware PFDave is Daves username on ZSOC forum.

thanks for that Michelle, dave has been keeping intouch with me about the matter i'm just waiting till Monday morning for a email back.

Well my wheels didnt arrive in either, so Ihad a wasted trip today, Dave emailed me on Thursday but I didnt get it, gotta go back one day this week hopefully.