• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 focus5

focus5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

Just got myself a Focus 1.8 Ghia 02 plate, really pleased with it. Looks like at some point its had the bonnet off and when re-fitted its not been adjusted flush with the wings. Its only a few millimeters higher than the wings but i would like to put it right. Does anyone know if it can be adjusted and how?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Just got myself a Focus 1.8 Ghia 02 plate, really pleased with it. Looks like at some point its had the bonnet off and when re-fitted its not been adjusted flush with the wings. Its only a few millimeters higher than the wings but i would like to put it right. Does anyone know if it can be adjusted and how?

on the front with bonnet open theres 2 black lugs that stick up next to each headlightthese can be turned to let the bonnet sit lower or higher

#3 focus5

focus5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

on the front with bonnet open theres 2 black lugs that stick up next to each headlightthese can be turned to let the bonnet sit lower or higher

the problem is more at the windscreen end, not sure if there is any adjustment that can be made with the hinges? Its had a repair at some point and the bonnet has been off.
any help much would be greatly recieved.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

the problem is more at the windscreen end, not sure if there is any adjustment that can be made with the hinges? Its had a repair at some point and the bonnet has been off.
any help much would be greatly recieved.

theres a small amount of adjustment on the hinge end youll need to loosen the bolts and move it a little then retighten etc sounds like its been a biut of a bad job most likely accident damaged

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users