Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fiesta_lad

Reg plate

14 posts in this topic

Hi could anyone tell my reg plate is DY51 *** what area is this from what does the DY mean cheers alan.

i believe that the D is from the Derby DVLA office, the Y is random.

the derby DVLA office seems to cover the whole of the midlands, just in the few houses around me there is DS04, DU59, DL57

the derby DVLA office seems to cover the whole of the midlands, just in the few houses around me there is DS04, DU59, DL57

Thats some good information i always fought what area my car is from.

it seems the Derby office had alot of area on its books, the midlands is full of them.

Also you not being (too) far away from here makes it sound a reasonable area for your car to come from.

it seems the Derby office had alot of area on its books, the midlands is full of them.

Also you not being (too) far away from here makes it sound a reasonable area for your car to come from.

Nice one cheers not that far no you learn something new every day

Nice one cheers not that far no you learn something new every day

indeed you do!

I thought that DY was from Deeside to Shrewsbury with the plate being issued by Shrewsbury DVLA. As far I know, Derby doesn't have a DVLA office. The first character (D) refers to a region (Deeside to Shrewsbury) second (Y) refers to the local DVLA office (Shrewsbury). The second letter is NOT random.

I thought that DY was from Deeside to Shrewsbury with the plate being issued by Shrewsbury DVLA. As far I know, Derby doesn't have a DVLA office. The first character (D) refers to a region (Deeside to Shrewsbury) second (Y) refers to the local DVLA office (Shrewsbury). The second letter is NOT random.

i got told.

Well i did by the car from north wales. so that said it all.

What exactly does that mean? :rolleyes:

I agree with you Meddy---Derby does not have a DVLA office--the nearest one to me is Nottingham.